Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chances of getting a taxi in Dublin late Saturday night

• 20-02-2006 8:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭

I've to attend an event in Dublin 2 on Saturday night March 11th. Unfortunately that's the day of the Ireland - Scotland rugby match and I'm having real trouble finding a reasonably priced hotel nearby.

What's the situation with taxis nowadays in Dublin? Would it easy enought to get one late Saturday night (early Sunday morning) if I was to call it to a hotel? How much would it cost from near Trinity college out to, let's say, the Red Cow hotel at that time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Proberly about €15-€20 at that hour? You should try ring one up and book it. Or try the hotel reception, they usually have good relationships with taxi firms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

You could stay in a hotel near one of the night bus routes, the last departure on most routes is 04.30 on Saturday nights.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/nitelink.asp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Thanks lads, much appreciated. I didn't realise the buses ran so late. I'll probably book either the Red Cow or the City West today. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Check bookassist.com. There is a 1-bedroom apartment in Baggot Street for €90 on March 11th. Clarion Liffey Valley is a real nice hotel and it's €69 per room. City West is €80 but I don't know if the late buses go anywhere near it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

69N is the only night bus that goes past Red cow and it has only 2 departures; 01.30 and 03.30 The 51N has better departures and would leave you within 10-15m walking distance but it is not direct and you would need to know where you were going.

There is no night bus to Citywest.

25N, 66N, 67N go past Liffey Valley.

• Advertisement
Advertisement