Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Atrium currently suffering 29% packet loss

• 20-02-2006 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

IBB Atrium currently suffering 29% packet loss according to customer care and no one else has reported it and its being ongoing since mid January......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I AM on that high site and I have been ringing them every week for a month trying to get it sorted. They have me jumping through hoops with trace routs and doing 100 pings and stuff. BTW my trace routes seem to show the problem to be further along IBB`s network. Have ya done an tracert yet man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

aubhall wrote:
    IBB Atrium currently suffering 29% packet loss according to customer care and no one else has reported it and its being ongoing since mid January......

Just count yourself lucky its not 100% loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

I AM on that high site and I have been ringing them every week for a month trying to get it sorted. They have me jumping through hoops with trace routs and doing 100 pings and stuff. BTW my trace routes seem to show the problem to be further along IBB`s network. Have ya done an tracert yet man.

i dont suppose you're having problems on one of their "ibis" gateways just before it leaves the network?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

I have seen a lot worse trace routes from IBB.

Yes i know my connection uses a Ibis and i guess the same for Spooky.

Rang yesterday lunch time to get told its fixed.... same old sh*t differnt days.

Did a continuouse ping last night and it drops about every 15 hops.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

I drove by the Atrium this morning and noticed there were guys in yellow jackets working on the roof - they looked like they were installing new wiring ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

Rang them again yesterday evening, did the usual checked for them, checked this moring and wow 1st time i ever got 2mb each way. Here's hoping it stays that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

likewise, this morning was the first time in months that i have gotten the full speed from my connection... also i noticed that up till around midnight i saw the usual crap packet loss. but roughly after midnight my latency and packet loss dropped to an usable and acceptable level...

http://www.spoofedpacket.net/smokeping/smokeping.cgi?target=World.Europe.IBB.IBB-83-141-64-156

Advertisement