Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DITSU Noms

• 20-02-2006 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

so who does anyone want to see in office?

ill be voting for RON.

go RON!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

yeah, go ron!!

.... who's ron?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

ron stands for re open nominations.

they put that on the ballot along with the candidates.

vote ron!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

Away with that! Vote Dunners for Supreme Being!!! I promise to care only slightly more that the current administration but to offset that with even less communication!!! Vote Dunners!!!

Note: Someone will need to nominate Dunners.

Second Note: Dunners is a concept and not an entity.

Third Note: Vote Dunners!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

eh....

actually 100 people need to nominate you

real people

• Advertisement

real people

Are you implying that I know only imaginary peoples?

well that wasnt the implication i was going for, but sure

I will vote for you Dunners.

and that therefore makes you imaginary.

you gotta love logic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

hello all... just visiting from the poker forum!! i was campaign manager for someone about 2 years ago... and was fairly vocal about how much of a farse teh DITSU elections are... so much so that myself and my candidate got kicked out of the election and banned from future elections... d'oh!! :eek:

• Advertisement

really?

would you care to go into some more detail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Vote For dunners!
    I support this product and/or service

ill vote for ya for president.

(salutes) MR. PRESIDENT!

Yay!!! Three votes already, surely that's some sort of record for the DITSU elections! Do I get an office and a big red button???

three red buttons, but noone tells you what each one does, and one makes your term successful and helps poor kids, but the other two makes you the new saddam

three red buttons, but noone tells you what each one does, and one makes your term successful and helps poor kids, but the other two makes you the new saddam

My term would be super successful if I became the new Saddam, get DIT in the news!!!

i can see it now.

'ladies and gentlemen, we ve got him'

Nah I'd be more the on the balcony with the rifle Saddam

whatever floats the boat.

VOTE FIONA!~!~!~!~!~!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

walked into college today, earphones blasting some rage against the machine, and i'm told by about 100 crappy, cheap looking signs that i'm to vote for fiona.

so here's my pitch: first nominee to guarintee me an alienware laptop gets my vote.

• Advertisement

the whole apce grabbing poster thing is a load of S***E, all candidates should be guaranteed the same amount of space in the same places then they can put up something decent when they get chance instead of the usual crap VOTE JB or VOTE JIMMY paper rubbish that goes up for about a week before they get their asses into gear. Those signs just make Kevin Street look even more tacky, like some bloody kindergarden rejects art show.

I thought the signs were quite amusing tbh. A reflection of college life.

Dunners wrote:
    the whole apce grabbing poster thing is a load of S***E, all candidates should be guaranteed the same amount of space in the same places then they can put up something decent when they get chance instead of the usual crap VOTE JB or VOTE JIMMY paper rubbish that goes up for about a week before they get their asses into gear. Those signs just make Kevin Street look even more tacky, like some bloody kindergarden rejects art show.

true, but they are only intitial after all. i spose it should be that everyone gets equal exposure with regard to space, but what can ya do.

also, i can guarentee anyone an alienware laptop** ***

**my guarentees are worth sh!t.

***im not running

but what can ya do.

Set up dedicated boards and let candidates use them, ban all posters that are more than 50% white or look like they were drawn in crayola - set up a special commission to judge all relevant posters.

Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Andrewjdoyle

Elections! Brilliant!

Nothin' more fun than a load a' people all runnin' for election...

I think it's great to see people actually making posters again, as opposed to just typing stuff into a PC and ending up with something that just blends into the fifty million computer generated posters plastered all over DIT.

The union needs creativity! A creative campaign is a good sign for the year ahead, but then again, I suppose I'll always be biased in favour of the union.

Dunners wrote:
    Set up dedicated boards and let candidates use them, ban all posters that are more than 50% white or look like they were drawn in crayola - set up a special commission to judge all relevant posters.

Sorted.

when i said that i meant who is gonna inforce these excellent suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

also, i can guarentee anyone an alienware laptop** ***

**my guarentees are worth sh!t.

***im not running

well, good sir, had you of been in the running, you would not have gotten my vote. good day!

when i said that i meant who is gonna inforce these excellent suggestions

Well one would assume that there is some sort of electoral body who run said elections and count votes and stuff, unless we have the candidates counting their own votes??

Simple situation then, anyone reported for violations and found guilty of such charges is taken off the ballot. Simple really.

and yet it hasnt happened in all the years ditsu have been having elections.

funny story, last year i was at a meeting which laid out the rules, and if some unknown party were to start ripping down posters for one candidate, the other candidate (s) would be questioned about it.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a plan...

Advertisement