Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

narrative

• 20-02-2006 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have an advice on narrative... any links ? or even,,, what is it? I have to do a 3000 word thingy on it for media analysis class. 1000 of it for tomoro and i'm totally screwed! The brief is all like use your understanding and application of media analysis but what if you don't have any!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well in respect to film, narative is how a story is displayed on screen in chronological order.

The most common form of Hollywood film is a narative film. But there are certain films that will play around with the concept such as Memento.

Perhaps some of the other users of the this forum might be able to give a broader picture.

If don't have an understanding of media analysis, what are you doing in that media analysis class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

If don't have an understanding of media analysis, what are you doing in that media analysis class?

My. Read. Mind. You.

Plus I'm pretty sure the "thingy" wasn't actually called a "The brief is all like use your"?

You've a thousand words to do on story telling structure and you don't even know what narrative is?

If you actually gave us the title and what the class is we could push you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Devinho

2 entries found for narrative.

nar·ra·tive P Pronunciation Key (nr-tv)
    n.
    A narrated account; a story.
    The art, technique, or process of narrating.

adj.
    Consisting of or characterized by the telling of a story: narrative poetry.
    Of or relating to narration: narrative skill.

narrative
    adj : consisting of or characterized by the telling of a story; "narrative poetry" n : a message that tells the particulars of an act or occurrence or course of events; presented in writing or drama or cinema or as a radio or television program; "his narrative was interesting"; "Disney's stories entertain adults as well as children" [syn: narration, story, tale]

Advertisement