Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor Picture Messaging

• 20-02-2006 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Is anyone having problems sending picture messages on the meteor network. I have tried to send several messages to vodafone phones from my w800 but they go straight to the outbox and say they are queued fro sending. Checked them a day later and they are still sitting there. I have had nothing but problems with this network/phone since taking it up. The sim has been replaced and the phone repaired for problems receiving calls. now all of a sudden i cant send picture messages even though I could a couple of days ago. The sending signal shows for a second and then disappears and the message sits in the outbox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i'm not sure if you can send media messages between networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

richieg wrote:
    the phone repaired for problems receiving calls.

I'd lay good odds they wiped your mms settings when they repaired your phone (possibly with a firmware upgrade or similar)

Check the sticky at the top of this forum for the meteor mms settings, or pop it back to a meteor shop or the repair place.

rugbug86 wrote:
    i'm not sure if you can send media messages between networks.
    Afraid you're wrong lou, it was enabled sometime in late 2004.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Karsini wrote:
    Afraid you're wrong lou, it was enabled sometime in late 2004.
    my bad.
    now that you mention it i did get a pic message off my meteor friend when i was in america, and im vodafone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

A few days ago I waas able to send them fine to vodafone users. I thought something happened the settings so I downloaded them again from the meteor website and installed them, switched off my phone and tried again (after switching it back on!!!!) and the same thing happened

• Advertisement
Advertisement