Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nuaire sunwarm system

Options
  • 20-02-2006 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Folks,

Saw this system at Self build exhibition in Belfast. Sounds too good to be true!! I am building a super warm house using SIP Kingspan TEK boards. Anybody get one of these sunwarm systems? Is it efficient. Have to install a MVHR system so looking at ways of heating the air efficiently. Anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭patrido

hi ajl

i don't have much info on this, but it sounds good in theory. nuaire have a good reputation, and it looks like a good system. if i remember correctly, it uses a solar air heater to supplement the heat exchanger in the MHRV.

mhrv's are not typically very energy efficient (despite being marketed as such), and the controls are often not very clever, reducing the efficiency. i would do the maths to work out how much you can expect to save in running costs (do not use the marketing info as a guide).

include things like
    - capital and installation cost.
    - servicing costs, filters, etc.
    - running costs of the fan (really good systems have 11w fans, others have 70w)
    - efficiency (the quoted efficiency is usally the percentage of heat from the outgoing air that can be retained). remember that the unit will be MUCH less efficient in winter.
    - output from the solar emitter.
    - how much time the unit is running and at what level. can it be reduced when the house is unoccupied? will it pump warm air into unheated rooms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RedLady

Hi,

We are getting a Century homes timber frame house - the r2000 airtight model. We were giving the option of going with a TEK house that would have a wall U value of .20 and it also had a few other extras that look impressive but the price of it was about 30000 more than the model we are getting.

Did you enquire about the price?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

Thanks Patrido for your info. i'll check this out.
    Yes Redlady did check out the price. 100000 euros for 3400 sq ft house, inclusive of vat, crane, membrane but not including second fixings.

Advertisement