Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday night Il mondo(22nd)

Options
  • 20-02-2006 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hey everyone,Just to let you know the fresher 'A' hurling team are having a fundraiser in Il mondo on Wednesday night to raise money for training equipment urgently required,come along if you can.Its €8 in and drinks are €3 and there is 2 drinks for €5.Please! we need all the money we can get.There's a raffle on the night with plenty of spot prizes SO COME ALONG!

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hurling? In UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'll prob be there anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Tramp CO

Rathmines is too far to walk in heels, mondo is right by the luas its just tooooo handy.
    @Grimes, Why didnt u go to psych? I brought bricks with me and everythin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I was on the radio. Why wernt you listening?

• Advertisement

Both my mp3 and my laptop batteries were dead. I apologise wholeheartedly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

mickomack wrote:
    Hey everyone,Just to let you know the fresher 'A' hurling team are having a fundraiser in Il mondo on Wednesday night to raise money for training equipment urgently required,come along if you can.Its €8 in and drinks are €3 and there is 2 drinks for €5.Please! we need all the money we can get.There's a raffle on the night with plenty of spot prizes SO COME ALONG!

Cool-might head along to that-love the gaa nights out!Johnny mc Carthy is from my local parish so will go support him!Go on ya good ting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Hurling? In UCD?

Er, yeah, you know the seniors ARE the Dublin County Champions three years running now... made the Leinster final against James Stephens of Kilkenny for the last two at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

They're the most unpopular team in this part of the world. Make use of the best young talent from various counties. A very strong team.

Ok ya forgot to mention a very important detail ITS A COUNTY COLOURS NIGHT!!!! score for your county and the like... I'll be there with my 'all the colours of the rainbow' carlow jersey biggin it up!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Er, yeah, you know the seniors ARE the Dublin County Champions three years running now... made the Leinster final against James Stephens of Kilkenny for the last two at least!
    Sarcasm detectors borked?

Scraggs wrote:
    Ok ya forgot to mention a very important detail ITS A COUNTY COLOURS NIGHT!!!! score for your county and the like... I'll be there with my 'all the colours of the rainbow' carlow jersey biggin it up!

Cool-never seen a carlow jersey!!
    The new york ones are the coolest-there pink!
    I wore my london one to the portebello last year and the attention I got!No one had ever seen a London jersey before so I had guys staring at my crest/chest all night-a first for panda!:D

carlow-jersey.jpg

Thats what it looks like, very hard to coordinate any outfit with it what with all the clashing:D

Turns out i might not actually be able to wear it as i think i left it at home home.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Syke

so is this boards people meeting then? id go but i dunno any hurlers.

Scraggs wrote:
    carlow-jersey.jpg

Thats what it looks like, very hard to coordinate any outfit with it what with all the clashing:D

Turns out i might not actually be able to wear it as i think i left it at home home.:(

reminds me of jamaica for some really wier reson?Is the jamaican flag in those colours?

Scraggs wrote:
    carlow-jersey.jpg

No offence but you were really at the back of the line when they were handing out counties...

:p

says a dub....
    [yes i know cw are crap at everything but at least we do it with style!!]

Only messing...Think I've family from Carlow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

How can you afford to sell drinks at 2 for a fiver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Hurling? In UCD?

Youd better believe it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Scraggs wrote:
    says a dub....
    [yes i know cw are crap at everything but at least we do it with style!!]

hey, you can't be that crap. my county's the only one that doesn't have it's name on the wall in Croke Park. Why? Cos we've never won ANYTHING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Er... London?

And before anyone claims they aren't a GAA side, here's our kit:
    London GAA.jpg

And I'm pretty sure we ain't won nuffink.

On my london top we're sponsered by JCB.Its great cos its green so is multifunctional-i.e can be used for Ireland,Limerick,celtic games!Love wearing it now after nizlopi song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah, in fact I used to joke that it was kinda ironic that London was the only team that wore the national Green and White of Ireland, until I found out that Fermanagh are the only other team to wear the same colours... But they're rubbish so nobody ever corrected me on this, I just found out from the interweb!

Yeah the old one had JCB, the newer one is Scanner. I think, anyway.

Pity, I would prefer JCB to Scanner as well...

I'll give you 25euro for your London GAA replica jersey Panda!!!:D

Advertisement