Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair styling

• 20-02-2006 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey just curious on how/if people style there hair much here and what exactly do they do with it with what product etc.

Would be great if you can put down what gender you are, length, products and maybe some tips. Also having pics would also be handy too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i'm 21 and female, roughly shoulder length, layered hair.
    i recently got my hair cut in a style that requires blowdrying to look its best. so i'm doing that for the first time in my life.
    if im feeling adventurous i'll slap some mousse in my hair and scrunch it up.
    thats about it...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I shampoo and condition my hair. Then depending on how much time I have, I either let it dry naturally and throw it into a ponytail, or else put it into a flipped over ponytail if it hasn't dried yet. On SPECIAL occasions, I blowdry and straighten it.

I'm 19, hair down to my waist and not very styled. I'm constantly changing it's colour so I'm reluctant to style it too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Ive shoulder length hair - brown with lots of highlights. Every second day i wash and straighten it with GHD's, use any shampoo and conditioner but always use ghd oil spray. I usually have extensions put in every few months, 22" down to by waist, i love them and dont wreck my hair at all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

19, female, blonde and layered.

Blow dry it and straighten for normal wear, not dead straight thought Occasionally i wear it in a ponytail but thats usually when I wake up late or am feeling lazy.

Going out i usually flick out the ends or have it dead straight.

Products I use are, loreal hot straight heat protector cream when blowdrying, heat protector spray for when i'm straightening it and occasionally frizz ease serum. I use john frieda funky chunky stuff to style it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

It's just over shoulder lenght, and layered. I'm 15 and female.
    I just....let it go. It doesn't really need to be brushed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Fair Enough

Female - 21

Got short hair, just a bit of length on top.
    Usually blow dry with my head upside down so it looks a bit spikey.
    Just use a bit of wax in after for separation. :D

Have to wash it everday though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Tink im de only guy posting here but why not?

Male 17. Relatively short hair. Just shampoo, air dry and use some texturising gum to sculpt. Normally put the fringe up a bit but try 2 keep everyting with that "messy look"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Brown hair, past my shoulders, some highlights in the t-bar.

For everyday, I only blowdry the front sections to get them smooth, and then pull it back with a gripper with the ends sticking out so it doesn't look so severe.

For night, I blowdry with a big round brush, lots of mousse, stick in big rollers and it looks like this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

Female.. 20yrs

I change my hair drastically every 6 weeks!!

I get sick of having the same hairstyle, for instance 5 weeks ago my hair was long & blonde & Layered! It's now shoulder length, dark brown with chunks of neon pink! I am due to have my hair done next week and I have no idea what I'm going to get!! I'll just leave it up to my hairdresser to think of something new and funky! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Anyone else think this is kinduva strange thread. :D

Anyway, female, 22. Have curly hair almost to my armpits (when it's dry and curly. It's longer when it's wet or straight obviously). I just throw a bit of that green sunsilk cream for curly/wavy hair in when it's wet, brush it through and twist the front bits so they curl the same direction the whole way down. (anyone with ringlety hair might be familiar with the strange phenomenon of ringlets that curl one way then stop, reverse, and curl the other direction. Very annoying! :) ). Anyway yeah, it just curls up as it dries and it kinda wraps around itself and that's that. Thrilling stuff...

• Advertisement
Advertisement