Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Life

Options
  • 20-02-2006 11:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://secondlife.com/

Any one come across this?

Meant to be similar to World of Warcraft but since I've never played that a friend said to give it a shot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It looks a bit like a MMORPG. A weird "lets make money" rpg. Aside from that, what does it have to do with WoW?

Frankly you sound like one of these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I seen this featured on some stuffy BBC documentary on online games recently. It looked horrible... it's just an online capitalism and consumerism simulator.

Give me the simple pleasures of Animal Crossing over this kind of thing any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

This is aimed at those type of nerds that don't actually have a real life.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

As I said I've never played WOW but a firend of mine said that the game is similar by the fact you can buy and sell stuff.

Was going through it last night and it didnt seem that interesting as it turned out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

second life is similar to "Entropia", Entropia is an online game that is free to play but the catch is..... you have to buy equipment,weapons,clothes etc using YOUR real money. you can earn credits in the game but it honestly take you you're whole life just to buy a decent gun with low ammo. Steer clear of BOTH of these games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

second life is similar to "Entropia", Entropia is an online game that is free to play but the catch is..... you have to buy equipment,weapons,clothes etc using YOUR real money. you can earn credits in the game but it honestly take you you're whole life just to buy a decent gun with low ammo. Steer clear of BOTH of these games.
    Actually quite a few people are making a living by playing these games, and getting very rich from it, if you put the effort into this type of game you really can make a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

With WoW, FFXI and Everquest there's a pretty set path to getting to be a high level player, you do the time and grind like **** and you get there like everybody else.

From what I've read about Second Life and Eve Online those games tend to have far less clearly defined gameplay. The developers set loose rules, and the players come up with ways of making money, or becoming more powerful, and then the devs just tweak and rebalance things that get out of hand. That sort of method sounds alot more fun and creative to me. I'd rather think of a clever way to advance my online personality than doing mindless grinding. :)

Advertisement