Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C Generals Zero Hour - all units move at pace of slowest?

Options
  • 21-02-2006 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

In Zero Hour, how do I make all the units move at the pace of the slowest?

for example:
    - 10 humvees
    - 4 comanches
    - 3 dosers

I obviously want the humvees and comanches to provide support for the dosers, so want them to move at the same pace. While keeping them all in the same command group, what's the guy I hold when selecting a destination to make them all move at the same pace?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I don't know of a way to do what you're asking but what I'd do is make each group its own team then call on them when needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

THat's my solution at present and it's pretty annoying. It requires constantly watching the screen, selecting a new group and then inching it forward ... too much "crap" :(

BUt thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Can you not set up formations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

C&C:G has no grouping/formations otherthan 'press 1 to select this set of units', if you want units to match speed Im afraid you cant, without modding it so all units have the same speed which would suck even more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i'm pretty sure (cause its in the older C+C's) you can order the other units to escourt the dozers and then select only the dozers and tell them to go to where you want them all to go.

its ALT+left click when you have the gaurd units selected and you click on the dozers.

But i havnt played generals in years so i cant remember if it was brought over from the older games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah that was one thing which annoyed me in Generals. When you organised a group in formation, and then send them somewhere, they'd all just randomly go there, then reform when they got there, instead of moving in columns (for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Waypoints? Or am i stuck in Red Alert 2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

RA 2 Rhyme. Seems many things improved, many things dropped. Shame really.

Advertisement