Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband affects ebay

• 21-02-2006 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

ever since i got broadband ( ibb ) i have been having difficutlies with ebay - no other site that i'm aware of really - but doing anything on ebay is a nightmare - i have to delete cookies all the time and even that somethimes doesnt work - the page just goes nowhere when i try to do anything that involves signing in eg my ebay, completed items search - ask seller a question etc - straight searches when im not signed in are ok afaik - i tried my ebay account at work so its not that. both pc's on the network exhibit the same behaviour - and occasionally there's no problem at all - ( usually just after i go online )

i have looked at my mtu and following the advice on this page i came up with an mtu of 1492 which i think is correct - and that is what it is set to at the moment

has anyone experienced this
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Yes..
    *SEARCH*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yep, I had the same problem when I had BB. eBay quirk I guess, it's the only site that gave me the Internet scutters whilst on BB...

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

Karoma wrote:
    Yes..
    *SEARCH*

i did search ( google and boards ) but i didnt find the answer - could you give me a link ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

thetourist wrote:
    i did search ( google and boards ) but i didnt find the answer - could you give me a link ?
    "Search this forum" enter "ebay" -minimum search. Heh. One is one of your previous:) - There have been numerous threads..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

had the same problem with IBB. MTU is set too high (1500). You need to set it at 1460. See this thread for more info...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

got it - cheers

however ebay is also unbelievably slow ( like dialup or slower ) - but i dont care because i can use it at least

i did 100 pings to www.ebay.ie and got 100% loss - i didnt even think that was possible !!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

You got 100% loss because ebay block pings. Some websites do this (msn is another) as a security feature I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭keyran

thetourist wrote:
    got it - cheers

however ebay is also unbelievably slow ( like dialup or slower ) - but i dont care because i can use it at least

i did 100 pings to www.ebay.ie and got 100% loss - i didnt even think that was possible !!! :eek:

Try doing a tracert that way you can get some results you will only be stopped at the last hop so at least you can see most of how long its taking to get to the site.

Advertisement