Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet digging up the road outside my house.....

• 21-02-2006 1:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

Actually their sub-contractors are. I'm going into a frenzy speculating why....

They rang me a couple of months ago saying I could get their ADSL2+ service then so this must be something new. Is it possible it's a big fat fibre cable?

The end of the road leads to land ripe for development so I might speculate that they might be getting ready for a Fibre to the home scenario.

Has anyone else seen them dig up roads otherwise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well it's not happening in Carlow. ADSL2 doesn't necessarily mean you'll be getting FTTH (Fibre to the home), I do believe they're only rolling that service out (the 24mb service) out to the very new estates and estates that are yet to be built. You'll more than likely be getting the good 'ole copper wire service tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Laguna wrote:
    Well it's not happening in Carlow. ADSL2 doesn't necessarily mean you'll be getting FTTH (Fibre to the home), I do believe they're only rolling that service out (the 24mb service) out to the very new estates and estates that are yet to be built. You'll more than likely be getting the good 'ole copper wire service tbh.

Yes, but they wont be running their own lines for ADSL.

If they are digging, then they are digging something new.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

of course its fibre, did you run your own single mode as far as the hole yet ???

Advertisement