Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poker soc in Carlow

• 21-02-2006 1:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey is there a poker society in Carlow IT?
    And if anyone has a email address for it could they post it here or pm me?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

haha, poker, brilliant game, id be interested aswell so when theirs some more info up ill look into it more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

dont think theres a soc. ask the societies officer coz hes MEANT TO have a list of all the socs in the college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

prob worth starting one its really taken off as a "sport" in the last 5 years well since late night poker was televised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

ya i'd do it too. god i love poker :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

yeah, might be fun alright.

i have a niggleing feeling that the reason for no such society is due to the fact that the college would not endorse gambling of any kind. but sure, as apposed to makeing a "poker" society, you could just make a "cards" society or summit... actually, i don't really see an issue at all.

so is somebody going to actually take the steps to set up this soc? or was it just "wind and piss" (as my grandmother used to say) and go the way of the independant college mag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭mada999

as far as i know there used to be a horseracing society and they used to go to race meetings and gamble...so i dont think the gambling issue would crop up...

plus they had a couple of poker tournaments in the canteen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

Ya PokerSoc Sounds cool:D Im sure it wud be pretty popular(maybe even more so than compsoc/cssoc:eek: )

Also who here was actually at those poker games in the canteen? Negood???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

id definitely join any poker society/comps

who says we'd let ya?

• Advertisement
Advertisement