Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing eircom package

• 21-02-2006 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

I rang today to change from home starter to home starter plus. the customer service rep said that i would be on home starter plus tomorrow with the 20 gig cap.

I'm hoping this is true as i'm reaching the end of the 10gig cap. Has anyone on the boards been charged by eircom for going over the cap and how far did they go?

Or has anyone changed eircom packages and it been as quick as she described?

I hope what she said was true as i seem to be getting great customer service from eircom compared to when i was with BT broadband.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Eircom are lenient anyway-but since you've upgraded, I don't think that you have anything to worry about at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I rang today to change from home starter to home starter plus. the customer service rep said that i would be on home starter plus tomorrow with the 20 gig cap.

I'm hoping this is true as i'm reaching the end of the 10gig cap. Has anyone on the boards been charged by eircom for going over the cap and how far did they go?

Or has anyone changed eircom packages and it been as quick as she described?

I hope what she said was true as i seem to be getting great customer service from eircom compared to when i was with BT broadband.

In case of any future 'dispute' keep a dated note of your conversation with the eircom rep - it might come in useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

On an upgrade from '150 anytime dial-up' to BB on Eircom I was told they would do it in 24 hours max ..... :)

Will let you know when I get my next bill but I don't expect a problem .... :rolleyes:

Advertisement