Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anything ever f*****g happen in LOST

• 21-02-2006 3:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Ok. This may be a rant but I'm a bit miffed. I watched the first 12 episodes last year straight through over a period of a few days. Great concept, Great acting, well produced and stylish. But it never went anywhere. So I gave up and didn't watch the rest of the season. Lots of people were goin on about how great it was so I decided to give it another go this year so I started watchin it on RTE. Saw the season one synopsis. Did I miss anything in the last 12 eps. Not a chance. Still watched season two so far. Has much new happened. No. I was especially annoyed when, in the second episode they almost completely told the same story again as episode one, only from other people's perspectives. Talk about pulling teeth. It just drags along. Only seems to be one long advertisers dream for commercial breaks. I was devoted to the X files in it's heyday and I'm reluctant to give much time again to a program that ultumately, goes nowhere. If anyone know what happens, please feel free to PM me. Until then I think I'll stick with Jack Bauer. At least he gets the job done.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lkman

Agreed. it's going nowhere, atleast from what i've seen.
    I thought they had it all planed. But it seems they don't.
    Or maybe they weren't expecting a 2nd season (it looks that way to me) and when they got it they didn't know what to do.. got presured by head honchos so are draging out shows till they figure it out! (remember the big gap this season?)

I'v given up on it for the time being.. time will tell tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

If you're after Instant gratification then I'd say forget it! (you're both guys, right? :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Hell, even some delayed gratification would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yea dragging it out to bits.
    They'll probably just keep going with more and more unanswered questions and pointless subplots until the last episode where they'll wrap it all up in 40mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

I dont watch it but wife does she was pis**d off last night cause she said it was getting boring, she loved first series, also complained it was on an hour later, she likes her early nights, makes it a long day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I watched the first three episodes last night one after the other, and the amout of repetition was incredibly annoying!! Like the OP I watched about the half the first season, but gave up on it due to the inertia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I got season two episodes 1 - 12 on Ebay because it was pissing me off. At least I have no adds and ****e now. Will have a nerd day some day next week

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I watched episodes 1-10 from Season 2 all together and I thought it was fantastic. Maybe if you like the show, but can't handle the suspense, you should wait until it all comes out on DVD and watch it together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

I dont know, think a fair few things happen ep 10 -13 season two
    havent seen past that yet though just waiting now for next few to come out :)

if you dont like the style thouh it'll porb just annoy you, Ihad the same trouble with 24, after the first day the next 3 just seem boring.. and that damn beeping gets irratating after a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think we should be worried about this series when Alias (season 3) seems to be going nowhere for me. The amount of twists in that show are highly annoying and basically return to the start of the series IMO.

However: -

You have to remember that the suvivors have only been on the Island for 44 days.

IMO: The back stories seem more important to the show then what is actually on the Island. Each of the characters back stories seem to well worked out and move fairly fast.

The Others, The French Woman and Desmond =

The Convantent, The One and The Passenger

IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I agree that it goes a bit slow but it only happened for about 4 episodes last season about midway where the hatch was completely forgotten about. The pace is much better this season. I'v seen up to episode 14 and so far there has only been 2 episodes that I felt nothing much happened in. There are some cracking episodes to come though (for IRL viewers) and I can only hope the rest of the season keeps going with this pace.

I'm going to spolier this next bit cause it may piss off some IRL viewers (don't read if you've not seen up to ep 14)..
    Still don't see any of the big questions being answered for a while yet though the clock thing got a bit interesting. As was said in that thread, they'll probably leave that unresolved till the end of the season like they did with the hatch last season
    Also, as Elmo said, the back stories are very important again this series and are all very good this year (apart from Kates latest flashback - she annoys me).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Im one of the people who are watching the 2nd season for the first time now and from waht ive seen... things seem to only happen at the end of each episode, as if the whole thing is just a build up to a single line or action at the finish... for the most part anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

They all died in the crash, they're in limbo and as soon as they do something good/bad they'll be sent in either direction..

Its a **** program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Don't know if you were serious about that or not RotalicaV but I'm beginning to think that too. Didn't the writters publicly say that's not what's going on though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Faith wrote:
    Yeah, I watched episodes 1-10 from Season 2 all together and I thought it was fantastic. Maybe if you like the show, but can't handle the suspense, you should wait until it all comes out on DVD and watch it together

Agreed...
    I "acquired" season 1 and season 2 up to episode 14...
    Savage program...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

I watched all of the 1st season and quite liked it.
    I'm into 3rd episode 2nd season now on RTE and if its as boring next week i'm giving up watching it. I dont know how it went downhill so fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Why is everyone complaining? The style of the show does seem to have changed but to say that nothing is happening (in IRL) is a bit of an exaggeration. Sure it's not as great as the first series but did no one love last weeks episode?

Don't give up watching this legend show! Have faith! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Keyzer wrote:
    Agreed...
    I "acquired" season 1 and season 2 up to episode 14...
    Savage program...

B.T or lost? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Enough of these "nothing seems to happen in Lost" ... "what has happened to the second season of Lost" ... "it's going nowhere" etc.

Tell your shrinks..

While it's not moving at fast as the first season, i wouldn't give up on it. Still a helluva lot more entertaining than a lot of crap on US TV right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

basquille wrote:
    Enough of these "nothing seems to happen in Lost" ... "what has happened to the second season of Lost" ... "it's going nowhere" etc.

Tell your shrinks..

While it's not moving at fast as the first season, i wouldn't give up on it. Still a helluva lot more entertaining than a lot of crap on US TV right now.

Couldn't agree more...

This season has been great,I thought the first few episodes were a bit weak,but after that...

They are not going to tell you what is going on just because you have no patience,this is not 24. I like 24,but at the end of the day,all it involves is things blowing up,jack shooting people,kim getting kidnapped and several moles per season,its good entertainment,but Lost is one that makes you think. You have just have to read the dozens of theories from fans to see that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

tvnutz wrote:
    Couldn't agree more...

This season has been great,I thought the first few episodes were a bit weak,but after that...

They are not going to tell you what is going on just because you have no patience,this is not 24. I like 24,but at the end of the day,all it involves is things blowing up,jack shooting people,kim getting kidnapped and several moles per season,its good entertainment,but Lost is one that makes you think. You have just have to read the dozens of theories from fans to see that.

Imo they seem to balanced 1 "ok" episode with 2 "good" episodes. I have not lost faith in the program yet and feel that it will get better soon.

The first, second and thrid season of 24 did make you think. Then it when OTT Pro-american on us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

My problem with the last few episodes of Session 2 of Lost is that the writers are concentrating on the wrong things, ie further character development of the main characters that we have already seen.

For example we get one episode where Saywer starts off as a bad ass, and by the end of it all we have learn that, yes, Sawyer is a bad ass. We don't care! We know he is.

We want the story of the Island to develop, the story of the hatch, the guy who they found in the hatch, the magnetic radiation, the "Others", the black mist, the clock, why Arron and Walt are so important etc etc

Its like they have realised they don't have a story to stretch an entire session so they are really spacing out what we actually learn about the Island, with more stretched out backstory character development

I mean, think about what we found out in the first 2 episodes of sesssion two and think about what we have learned since then. Pretty much sweet feck all really.

Elmo wrote:
    The first, second and thrid season of 24 did make you think. Then it when OTT Pro-american on us.

Not really mate,just all action packed nonsense,fun stuff,but nothing great. Myabe it was just me,but I knew Nina was the mole,I knew Kate Warner's sister was evil,I just saw it coming without spoilers. Ok,I didnt see terri dying,that was good,but other than that,they focus more on action than on the plot. You can see that from meandering plots such as Terri gets amnesia,what is this,smallville?

logik wrote:
    Imo they seem to balanced 1 "ok" episode with 2 "good" episodes. I have not lost faith in the program yet and feel that it will get better soon.

At the start of the season I agree, Episode one was good,2 was ok,3 was good,4 was only ok,5 again was ok. But then we get a run of very good episodes,6,7,8,9 and 10 are all very very good episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

dont lose faith it does get better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I watched the majority of the first season over a few days, and then I think I watched the final few EPs as they came out. Cant remem exactly. This season have bn getting the eps as released in the US... but I'm almost near stopping - I wouldn't bother if it wasn't my bro who got them... it really has lost the plot so to speak in terms of ruining what could have been a cult show that went down in the history books (if they had of compressed the story into 1 or 2 seasons, as opposed to what it looks like they're planning). Think of the Office for example, if they tried to bleed that format dry over a long period it would have ruined it, and then look at the Simpsons .. and then Father Ted

You can see that from meandering plots such as Terri gets amnesia,what is this,smallville?

Okay far enough, but the political side of 24 was once interesting and did make you think.

Didn't some in lost suffer amnesia ..... is this smallville or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

For Ducks sake people, it's a ducking televvision programme, if you want a conclusion go to something your watching, go watch a film or something. It's just like any other tv series, so friends came out, were you's all like "hurry the duck up and get with each other", or in 24 "hurry up and get to the 23rd hour".

Give it a break, its tv programme meant to keep viewers watching and talking about it, and by all accounts doing a good job otherwise you's wouldn't be talking about it here.

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote:
    Okay far enough, but the political side of 24 was once interesting and did make you think.

Didn't some in lost suffer amnesia ..... is this smallville or something.

Lost is sci fi,no matter what the creators says.Etahn could easily have caused the amnesia on purpose.24 is supposed to be real life.

Advertisement