Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf Mark V - 1.4L Service Interval

Options
  • 21-02-2006 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know what the service interval for one of these is?

I have rang a few garages and have had different answers.

1. 10,000km
    2. 15,000km
    3. 30,000km (longlife oil)

Thanks,

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

hi mike i got a 2005 vw golf. i have also been told different milage.
    i have done 18000km since june last year.
    on my screen it comes up service now but then last week it says 100km left to service or 183 days.

so im really not sure but id love to find out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask VW. Dealers can be stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

I just spoke with a service guy in VW who seems to know what he is talking about.

We have a B6 Passat and a Mark V Golf so I got the details for both from him.

The Golf is a 1.4L Petrol and the Passat is a 1.9TDI.

He said that both depend on the driving of the car. Both have the longlife service on them.
    He said that when the light comes on book it in. The light comes on depending on the driving style / hours etc... Which, if the case makes more sence than just mileage alone.

For the Passat, the dealer put a stiicker saying 16,000km to service on the car but the trip computer says ~24,000km or XX days...

Anyway, I am going to wait until the light comes on to book it in but keeping an eye on the oil level / fuel consumption etc...

Mike.

Advertisement