Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL not available in Lucan!?!

• 21-02-2006 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I rang NTL this morning to arrange an appointment to get BB connected and was informed that this "part" of Lucan does not have upgraded cable or something to that effect. I assumed in my innocence that all of Lucan could get NTL BB :( The fact that we have NTL digital TV is irrelevant....I guess it's dofferent cable?

What other cable BB providers are out there and available in the Lucan area?
    All I want is cable BB, Blueface VOIP - goodbye Eircom!

I know Smart will be here soon, end of Feb apparently, but I won't hold my breath for them.

R.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭RedRooster

I have NTL BB in Fforster Court. If that helps.:v: I know a friend that has it too and he is in The Grove, Haydens Park.:v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

I had the same situation about a year and a half ago. Went with BT in the end as NTL couldn't give me a date when they would be rolled out. Called them yesterday and apparently it's available. I'm in Hillcrest btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Dougals Daddy

Ruatha wrote:
    I rang NTL this morning to arrange an appointment to get BB connected and was informed that this "part" of Lucan does not have upgraded cable or something to that effect. I assumed in my innocence that all of Lucan could get NTL BB :( The fact that we have NTL digital TV is irrelevant....I guess it's dofferent cable?

What other cable BB providers are out there and available in the Lucan area?
    All I want is cable BB, Blueface VOIP - goodbye Eircom!

I know Smart will be here soon, end of Feb apparently, but I won't hold my breath for them.

R.

Its a tricky situation. Some of the older parts of the cable network are totally not broadband capable, hence those new estates get everything as there isn't much upgrading to be done.
    Some parts of Lucan are particularly isolated from the newer backbone and so it takes longer for the upgrading to happen. Just down the road in Leixlip(end of the line literally)its the same situation, apparently some of the cable there is so bad it bearly gets TV, some is brand new but the newer estates are cut off by the older section between them and the rest of the network, or so I'm told.
    NTL had promised to upgrade the entire network but due to huge costs stalled everything a few years ago, however due to the increased uptake and demand for broadband they are now upgrading again but at avery slow pace. Some Roads need completely new ducting.
    NTL is no longer part of NTL Global it has been sold to the same company that owns Chorus, it just remains as a trade name, so anything could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Ruatha

Hmmm, I'm in St. Finian's in Esker. It's all a bit random isn't it? I think I'll go with BT, they have the eur40 deal incl. line rental - I'm not going to wait around for NTL or Smart.

R.

Advertisement