Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Cheek!

Options
  • 21-02-2006 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I just got a letter from Tesco this morning thanking me for renewing my policy with them:eek:

It was just last week I was onto them saying that I found a cheaper quote and wouldn't be taking up another year with them.

I rang up straight away and was told I'd have to send the renewal papers and the disc back. Is this necessary? I just thought of it when I got off the phone, perhaps she thought they actually sent out a new disc with new papers, which they didn't, they just sent a letter thanking me for renewing with them:confused:

Ok.. just reading the letter again, it says "Please find enclosed your annual Insuranc Certificate and Disc". Nothing was enclosed, Just one A4 piece of paper stating the above.

?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I cannot see how they would have issued you a insurance cert and disc if you didn't pay the premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Well it also said:

Your renewal premium has been received (or is being collected through your Premium Payment Plan option)

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Let that be a lesson to never pay by direct debit or credit card. Insurance companies like to prove their benevolance by automatically renewing policies, in case you have forgotten. They will however charge you for the privilege.

Charge as in what now? The premium cost or will there be a cost for me saying funk off and put the money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

If you paid the insurance company by direct debit and they broke the terms of the DD the insurance company have to cough up. If they haven't yet collected the DD I'd be onto the bank asap to get that DD authorization cancelled.

• Advertisement

It's CC, does that make a difference?

Thanks for the help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Ah, yes a CC debit does make a difference. You cannot prevent a DD charge to you credit card account - even if you cancel the card. You need to stop it from the source. To do this:

You need to inform the Insurance Company straight away via a dated letter or fax that you did not authorize the charge and you request that the do not process it and refund any charges immediately. KEEP A COPY OF THIS LETTER.

Once done, if they charge your card ring the Credit Card Company and request to speak to the charge back team. Give them the details and a copy of the letter. Let them sort it out

(You might notice I've been through this before :) )

Advertisement