Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

salary review help!!

• 21-02-2006 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

hi, just looking for some advice,

I am working as a junior mech engineer/assitant project manager in dublin. i dont have a degree but a diploma in building services from waterford. I am with the company 6 months to date and have a further 14 os so mths expierence ( 2mths contract cad work on DPT and 12 mths with my father (a building contractor). I am currently on 24k which i think is well below average and i have my salary review today, so just looking for advice kind of raise i should expect or deserve. On irsihjobs.ie it says graduate eng are on between 28-35k a yr and on payscale.com it says i am earning 60% less than people in the same career stage. So just looking for any advice on what to expect and how to handle the review. I like the job and we are doing interesting projects etc but i cant justify living in dublin on my wages!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭HSo

24K is rubbish. The company I work for recruit a good number of grads each year. Last year the grad rate was 30K and we expect this year to be about 32/33K.

If I was you I'd start looking about for a move.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

just to be devil's advocate, as you say yourself you don't have a degree so comparing yourself to graduate engineers is not a good comparison.

Having said that you are on what you are on, 10% a year is about the max you could hope for without a promotion.
    If you want to be earning much more you do need to be looking at a move..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

24-26K is average starting salary for electronic degree grads in IC circuit design. You're not doing too bad for a dip!

Advertisement