Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancakes

2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Dear Shabs, Pour vous!

Pancake before being eaten
    pancake.jpg

Talliesin eats pancakes! Note the cheesey goodness.

joneatspancake.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh... only found this thread now....

NoelRock reminded me of pancake tuesday last night when we were recording the podcast... I'd completely forgotten.

Wasn't much in the humour for pancakes today actually... only had the two of them.

I like mine plain.. Is that wierd or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Made some, but totally forgot to photograph them as I was too busy eating them. Instead of lemon/sugar, I tried honey and lime..and it worked out quite tastylicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

I had 6 pancakes last night.

Definately the weirdest one I ate was one the one I put peppers, onion, shredded lettuce, brown sauce and a bit of sugar. As disgusting as it sounds it was actually really nice.

One of my other pancakes i put smarties ice cream in it. All the rest was just butter and lemon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Made pancake batter last night, and grilled a load of rashers. I then made a cheese sauce, a creamy mushroom with nutmeg mix, and a spinach and ricotta filling with smoked salmon. I just love pancakes with bacon and maple syrup!!

I had planned to carmelise some apples and make a cinnamon raisin sauce to accompany it, but we were too stuffed after all the savoury pancakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Good going tSubh! Alas, I attended a last minute pancake party last night, so no pancake photos for me yet. However, I made a load of batter which I must use tonight. dudara- they sound lovely, as does the smarties icecream one.

At the party, many leaps were made in the development of a creme egg, tequila and ice-cream pancake.

It was a tough assignment I tell you. Do you know how difficult it was to get him NOT to eat the pancake for 2 mins while I took a picture? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

We ended up having ours with

(a) Stewed apples with cinnamon and Creme Caramel Baileys
    (b) Apples with bashed up mini-Flakes

No complaints!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm so sad, I didn't get to have any pancakes yesterday.

I think i'll have them tonight instead with some butter sugar and lemon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I had two, both covered with homemade hot chocolate sauce, and filled with After eight mint choc chip Ice cream.

Was rather good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

It was a tough assignment I tell you. Do you know how difficult it was to get him NOT to eat the pancake for 2 mins while I took a picture? ;)
    :( But it was smelling nicely of pancake, cheddar and parma ham, what did you expect from me?

Advertisement