Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Maximising Smart BB

• 21-02-2006 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

I know I'm not the only one out there with this issue so here goes

Currently using Smart's Package (3mb download, 256kb upload)

Using certain P2P clients & bit torrent- not downloading anything illegal mind you - only classic tv shows ;) ... the problem is that the max download speed I get is about 180kbps and the average is about 70...:(

Basically, I want the best value for money (plus electricity ain't cheap these days) so is there any way to maximise my download rate???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Please be specefic as 180KBytes/s is rather good but 180KBits/s is pretty poor in terms of download rate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

sorry about that - 180 kilobytes per second but as i said thats the max, 60-70 kilobytes per second is the average...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Your using P2P clients & torrents, your never going to get the maximum unless the person/server your downloading off can give you your maximum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

180KB on a single torrent is pretty good especially on torrents over 100MBytes in size.

I have a 3Mb BT connection at home and have setup everything as well as I can and would only rarely ever hit 200KB/s on a single torrent...so I normially have 3<->6 going in parallel!!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Try downloading something from Heanet, and see what your speeds are like there

• Advertisement
Advertisement