Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Cable BB on the way -Limerick

• 21-02-2006 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

Was on the phone to Chorus today as they are replacing my old analog box with digital ( long story , over in the cable/mmds/broadband forum ) and the girl on the phone said that they are getting ready to launch cable Bb in Limerick . I have heard this before , but she was saying that it is definite now . they are not giving out a launch date as yet .

As I said there might be nothing in this , but then again ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

it is believable as NTL/chorus are now merged as UPC. Will be rebranded soon and Chorus Digital cable systems will be offering the same services at same price and same branding as NTL.

If we lucky LOTS of Galway, Cork, Limerick, Dublin will have brilliant cheap phone/bb/TV via cable and then BT/Eircom/Sky/Digiweb will reduce prices :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

watty wrote:
    it is believable as NTL/chorus are now merged as UPC.

No they're not. NTL Ireland and Chorus are both seperate companies, they just have the same owners. They have not merged yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

OK , Will be merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

Having been a Chorus TV customer for 8 yrs now... I'm skeptical of their ability to provide anything...

That said, I'm paying €35 to IBB at the moment for something which doesn't work (at all, ever)... so anything would be an improvement. (Is Breeze faulty technology or what?)

Does anyone know the contention ratios on Chorus' bundles?
    • €25 Cablenet Broadband Easy
    • €35 Cablenet Broadband
    • €45 Cablenet Broadband Plus
    Source: www.chorus.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

campers wrote:
    Having been a Chorus TV customer for 8 yrs now... I'm skeptical of their ability to provide anything...

That said, I'm paying €35 to IBB at the moment for something which doesn't work (at all, ever)... so anything would be an improvement. (Is Breeze faulty technology or what?)

Does anyone know the contention ratios on Chorus' bundles?
    • €25 Cablenet Broadband Easy
    • €35 Cablenet Broadband
    • €45 Cablenet Broadband Plus
    Source: www.chorus.ie

If they're the same as NTL's it will be 17:01:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

Looks like contention will be 48:1.

Rollout commencing with Raheen in April; inch by inch after that.

campers wrote:

What is about Chorus' ability to do every little thing wrong? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

paulm17781 wrote:
    What is about Chorus' ability to do every little thing wrong? :rolleyes:

I have heard this so many times that in fairness it must be true , but all I can say is that in the 17 years that I have had them , I have never had any cause to bad mouth them .

campers wrote:

Rollout commencing with Raheen in April; inch by inch after that.

The guy that did my installation today said that they had no timeframe set yet .

jonski wrote:
    I have heard this so many times that in fairness it must be true , but all I can say is that in the 17 years that I have had them , I have never had any cause to bad mouth them .

I've never used them. It's just that they have an oppertunity to get a good name in the BB market and they keep messing it up. First it was the below average products. Now these have been upped but with high contention rates.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

paulm17781 wrote:
    I've never used them. It's just that they have an oppertunity to get a good name in the BB market and they keep messing it up. First it was the below average products. Now these have been upped but with high contention rates.

My friend has Chorus 3m in Cork. Despite some problems at the start, it is working great now.

• Advertisement

bk wrote:
    My friend has Chorus 3m in Cork. Despite some problems at the start, it is working great now.

I hope it stays that way. I think cable is the way of the future for cities, chorus should be using the advantages it has over PSTN. Contention may not necessarily make a difference but lower look better on paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Anyone have any updates or info on when Chorus will be rolling out in Limerick?

Advertisement