Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLI setup - need SLI cable

Options
  • 21-02-2006 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get an SLI cable to connect two 7800GTX cards together in SLI mode? Need to get it ASAP, so advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The adaptor should have come with the motherboard any nForce 4 SLI motherboard comes with the connector.

I cant say I've tested this myself but NVIDIA's latest drivers allow SLI without the connector on some of their cards mostly the low end ones but it should work for the high end parts as well but you will take a performance hit as it transfers the data over the PCI-E bus.

Maybe someone who has an SLI motherboard but doesnt use SLI can sell you their spare connector. There are also a few available on eBay though be aware those are meant for the dimensions of an Asus nForce SLI motherboard if you have another that has a wider spacing then it wont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

It's actually an Asus A8N SLI motherboard I need it for, but I can't find the connector any more (not even 100% sure I got one with it, to be honest). Thanks for the link, I'll have a look at what's available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

If that doesnt work you could try firing an email off to Asus and ask how much for a connector [knowing Asus they are unlikely to send you a replacement for free or even respond to such a request]

http://support.asus.com/contact/contact.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Try the Asus UK division first and see if you can get anything from them.

Advertisement