Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realistic lvl60 expectations

Options
  • 21-02-2006 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question. I don't want to ruffle any feathers for asking a question.

What would a realistic goal be for reaching lvl60? I'm currently lvl26 Warlock. I've notice that i get about 2k xp from a decent quest. and i think the bar is at around 30k or more now so thats a lot of quests to lvl.

Would i be better off trying to lvl up in BFD and DM etc?

I've played for 2days 22hours so far to get to lvl26, i'm not grinding or anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

i'm not grinding or anything.
    Grinding is part of it. Take a little bit of time out to up your professions, and you'll find yourself building up the XP as your grind. Also, even though XP is shared in a group, you find yourself building up the XP quicker in a group than on your own.

At level 26, you should really be jumping into instances, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I'd imagine most people get to 60 in 10-15 days actual playing time. Definately instances (don't forget the quests for them) will help move you on, aswell as picking up some equipment and gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Levelling will slow down thru higher levels. Find specific info for your level and perhaps class on the best place to grind. Personally, I find a mix of grinding and questing is faster for XP, grinding alone is so tedious. Pick up some quests for an area, do them all and you'll be grinding and questing at the same time.

Don't ignore instances. They're a great place to get items too, you don't want to be stuck with icky greens the whole time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

koneko wrote:
    Levelling will slow down thru higher levels. Find specific info for your level and perhaps class on the best place to grind. Personally, I find a mix of grinding and questing is faster for XP, grinding alone is so tedious. Pick up some quests for an area, do them all and you'll be grinding and questing at the same time.

Don't ignore instances. They're a great place to get items too, you don't want to be stuck with icky greens the whole time.

I found that at around lvl20 i could pretty much grind lvl24mobs and get maybe 180xp per kill in the wetlands, and considering they were instant spawns of Murlochs is was pretty easy. Now though i still only get about 150-200 per kill for lvl30 mobs and there is a huge amount of XP to get.

It would be fine if all the quests were similar give decent XP for killing X amount of mobs or getting this amount of an item from a mob. But some of them are like run here and there and everywhere to get 200xp ha ha.

I'll try instances now. Which ones are best at my lvl for XP? Maybe the Deadmines still, and possibly BFD?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Instance farming ftw.
    Only trouble is getting groups.

• Advertisement

Instance farming ftw.
    Only trouble is getting groups.

ok thanks i'll try that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Stockades was a favourite of mine, from about 28-32. Always lot's of groups.

If there's a popular equiv for the Horde, give it a bash.

Stockades was a favourite of mine, from about 28-32. Always lot's of groups.

If there's a popular equiv for the Horde, give it a bash.

Ye i'm alliance...

I'm going off my head. I've done the Deadmines5 times in a row trying to get the Emberstone staff from Greenskin and i keep getting that green spear off him.

Stockades should give me decent enough XP ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

I'm going off my head. I've done the Deadmines5 times in a row trying to get the Emberstone staff from Greenskin and i keep getting that green spear off him.

There's no point repeating instances for gear you'll replace in a few levels. You'll quickly reach the point where you get little or no XP from going back. You'll spend plenty of time repeating instances for gear at level 60, don't waste your time doing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

yeah instances as you level are not worth much effort. You won't keep the gear for long, so just knock out the instance quests you can do quickly and that are good exp and then forget about the rest.

I don't agree with the ppl who say you get your best exp in groups either. You won't kill twice as fast and you halve (except for minor bonus) the exp. Batches of quests in the same area (no travel) combined with grinding like koneko suggested seems the best to me.

I've gotten a warlock, priest and hunter to 60 in 10, 9 and 8 days respectively, pretty much entirely solo. I enjoy the end-game raiding and want to get to that as fast as I can and there's no way it'd have been as quick grouping.

I'd be careful about rushing to 60 though, most people enjoy the journey to 60 more than 60 itself. I think the people who get the most out of WoW in the long term are the ones who enjoy strolling through it, that's just not me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Except when stuff *cough*real life*cough* gets in the way greg :).

Grouping is about the slowest way to level, with instance grinding to be the slowest, grinding quests in one area are the best, the go here, then go there then there quests are terrible for this. The exception being the one in Azshara. A 2 man group is good for questing though, since you can easier do higher level quests.

Take a look at these 2 links if you're alliance. Very nice guide on where to go and what quests to do from level 30-50. Some of the places he recomends will be a nightmare on PVP servers, but that's really unavoidable.
    http://www.wow-pro.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=1488.html#1488
    http://www.wow-pro.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=295.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

The two person suggestion isn't bad actually. I raced from 1 - 20 with a mate. Really makes a difference when you have someone with you, especially if it's a regular person, as you get used to their style.

I've started solo-ing again, I just don't have the time for long instance crawls, and groups tend to be hardwork to get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

quozl wrote:
    I've gotten a warlock, priest and hunter to 60 in 10, 9 and 8 days respectively.
    Lunatic

Well i did the BFD Instance last night with a lvl60 warrior and a lvl22 hunter.
    It took about 15-20 mins, and i ended up going from 15kxp on lvl26, to 20kxp on lvl27. There were a couple of quests in there that i had as well and when the lvl60 was mashing into the lvl26elites i was getting 80xp off each... He was skipping loads aswell to get to the bosses.

And i got my 2 blue items, sleepwalker rod and some mad wand with 29.5dps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

When you reach 60, there is still alot of work to do. Happy grinding.

dlofnep wrote:
    When you reach 60, there is still alot of work to do. Happy grinding.

I'm trying to go as fast as i can but it appears i'm not doing so well hehe. I have played 3 days 10 hours and i'm only lvl27, but i'm enjoying it so thats cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Good time for a first timer, you're doing fine.

sunzz wrote:
    Good time for a first timer, you're doing fine.

Got a small bit of good news this morning.
    My friend decided to donate a lvl60 Rogue and a lvl33 Priest account to me as he has to go overseas...

The rogue has some epic gear on him, few hundred gold, and the priest has the sleepwalker staff and some cool blues etc... 5gold

i'm gonna keep this warlock as well though because i like him =)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

if he gave it to you permanately make sure you get the CD key off him so if you lose the password you can retrieve it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AgZed

Got a small bit of good news this morning.
    My friend decided to donate a lvl60 Rogue and a lvl33 Priest account to me as he has to go overseas...

The rogue has some epic gear on him, few hundred gold, and the priest has the sleepwalker staff and some cool blues etc... 5gold

i'm gonna keep this warlock as well though because i like him =)

Lucky man... Still, am I the only one who's thinking that your friend's purse seems a little bit light? When I was at level 30-ish I had around 200g. At level 40 my mount/new plate/new weapon/shield/enchants on the above bankrupted me, but here I am am now at 42 and built myself back up to a healthy 150g.

In case you're wondering, it's all about the copper & linen cloth. At least 2-3 a week I do a circuit of Goldshire (late at night to avoid incoveniencing those who actually have a good reason to be there), mining as much copper as I can get my hands on, and slaughter as many kobolds and various Defias I run into. On average it takes me about 20mins and if I do a good 3 runs in the week, I usually make 15-20 gold selling it all at the AH. I've also started doing the odd Deadmines farming run, which usually nets be a good supply of Linen, Wool, Copper & Tin. I did 4 runs through there last week & made 60 gold at auction. Of course, Bronze was selling for insane prices (more than Iron!) so I'd take that figure with a pinch of salt...

AgZed wrote:
    Lucky man... Still, am I the only one who's thinking that your friend's purse seems a little bit light? When I was at level 30-ish I had around 200g. At level 40 my mount/new plate/new weapon/shield/enchants on the above bankrupted me, but here I am am now at 42 and built myself back up to a healthy 150g.

In case you're wondering, it's all about the copper & linen cloth. At least 2-3 a week I do a circuit of Goldshire (late at night to avoid incoveniencing those who actually have a good reason to be there), mining as much copper as I can get my hands on, and slaughter as many kobolds and various Defias I run into. On average it takes me about 20mins and if I do a good 3 runs in the week, I usually make 15-20 gold selling it all at the AH. I've also started doing the odd Deadmines farming run, which usually nets be a good supply of Linen, Wool, Copper & Tin. I did 4 runs through there last week & made 60 gold at auction. Of course, Bronze was selling for insane prices (more than Iron!) so I'd take that figure with a pinch of salt...

he was saving for an epic mount i think....
    he is also lvl300 enchanter and 300 something else... 300 lockpicking and some other stuff

by the way. when i'm in the account info on the website now it says i have to contact the customer service dept to change the e-mail address and name through them?

is it not legal to give someone else your account?

You can't change the name on the account as it's against the EULA to transfer accounts. Also, the original user can get the account back at any time if he can show blizzard that he was the person who set up the account first, regardless of wether he sold you the account or simply gave it to you. As far as Blizzard are concerned the only person who can log on to that account legally is the person who bought the game in the first place.

The only thing I would change is to pay by time cards, if they see different credit cards showing up on the account it could make them suspicious. I don't know about changing the E-mail adress, but your not very likely to need to recieve E-Mail from them so I wouldn't worry about it myself.

abccormac wrote:
    You can't change the name on the account as it's against the EULA to transfer accounts. Also, the original user can get the account back at any time if he can show blizzard that he was the person who set up the account first, regardless of wether he sold you the account or simply gave it to you. As far as Blizzard are concerned the only person who can log on to that account legally is the person who bought the game in the first place.

The only thing I would change is to pay by time cards, if they see different credit cards showing up on the account it could make them suspicious. I don't know about changing the E-mail adress, but your not very likely to need to recieve E-Mail from them so I wouldn't worry about it myself.

Thats mad..
    I wonder how all the ebay (or is it amazon?) fellas do it? And all those grind companys in China...

They get away with it because you need to be a retard to get caught. Also, the EULA says you can't sell gold or items but it's very vague about buying them.

A significant number of people get scammed when buying accounts though, I've read numerous threads on other forums about people who buy an account, then the original owner claims they got hacked and get blizzard to change the passwords so they get the account back.

abccormac wrote:
    They get away with it because you need to be a retard to get caught. Also, the EULA says you can't sell gold or items but it's very vague about buying them.

A significant number of people get scammed when buying accounts though, I've read numerous threads on other forums about people who buy an account, then the original owner claims they got hacked and get blizzard to change the passwords so they get the account back.

Can't they just produce the e-mails or the ebay sale information to prove that the trade did happen? And paypal or what not

Can't they just produce the e-mails or the ebay sale information to prove that the trade did happen? And paypal or what not
    Produce them to who? Blizzard won't care if you bought an account because they don't allow it and if you bring a complaint to Ebay then all they can do is ban the seller whol can just open a new account anyway. Either way your down a few hundred euros and still won't get the account back.

abccormac wrote:
    Produce them to who? Blizzard won't care if you bought an account because they don't allow it and if you bring a complaint to Ebay then all they can do is ban the seller whol can just open a new account anyway. Either way your down a few hundred euros and still won't get the account back.

wow, how much do they go for on ebay? like a lvl60? i'd say you'd be looking at about 250 quid no?

• Advertisement

wow, how much do they go for on ebay? like a lvl60? i'd say you'd be looking at about 250 quid no?
    It all depends on the gear and tbh I don't really know what a well geared character would go for. That said I'd expect at least 100 or so euros for a 60 with crap gear just based on the time involved and the cost of the game and subsrciption to get to that point. Even then it's pretty crappy if you work it out as €/hour.

Looking at Ebay.com right now there's a rank 14 mage for $1200, but that represents months of hardcore grinding. Rank 13-14 probably took about 3 weeks of 10 hour+ days depending on the server, so your return on time invested is pretty poor all things considered. The cheapest level 60 I can find is $40 for a level 60 priest with full devout and some other blue gear. Thats probably cheaper than you can buy the game for. And that account probably has at least 25-30 days played between levelling up and collecting the blue set.

Advertisement