Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JAVA Grinds Needed Urgently

Options
  • 21-02-2006 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi

As the title suggests, i need java grinds and fast! I'm in my second year of college and as i'm taking the course by night and working during the day i have fallen behind and need a hand.

My theory isnt too bad but i'm at a loss trying to write and implement code.
    I'm still at a basic level ie constructors, visibility etc.

I need someone who can explain these (and more!) to me in a very clear and concise manner.

I'm living in the Harolds Cross area of Dublin and have the java complier installed in my machine but i can travel. All reasonable rates considered.
    I'm also a somewhat mature student (26!) so i have a decent enough attention level!

Any help is greatly appreciated, or even to point me in the direction of someone who can.

Thanks
    Damien

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭Trampas

What java book do you have??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

i'm using "Java Examples in a Nutshell" and as the title suggests, its more examples than theory. It basically just full of working code and examples.
    i need stuff explained to me from almost the ground up.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

hi i would offer some grinds but i am working all week and might be away at the weekend.

anyway good starting point http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/.

If you dont understand something post it up here and you might get an answer.
    hope the link helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I can do it and I sent you my rate. However as Randomname has mentioned if you need to go the cheaper route that would be a good site starting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Hi

As the title suggests, i need java grinds and fast! I'm in my second year of college and as i'm taking the course by night and working during the day i have fallen behind and need a hand.

I need someone who can explain these (and more!) to me in a very clear and concise manner.

I'm living in the Harolds Cross area of Dublin and have the java complier installed in my machine but i can travel. All reasonable rates considered.
    I'm also a somewhat mature student (26!) so i have a decent enough attention level!

Any help is greatly appreciated, or even to point me in the direction of someone who can.

Thanks
    Damien

Damien, I am pretty much in the same boat as you 2nd year college student, I can vouch for the Hobbes, is very good tutor he helped me, I also found Deitel and Deitel books indispensable to get your head around the basics. They are expensive I almost always have one out from college library.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

F.A.O. Hobbes

I sent you a PM, can you let me know if you got it?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Got it and replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bamamba

I too am looking for grinds. As you can tell from my posts, I'm not the best programmer in the world.
    I'm looking specifically for help with java servlets and XQuery.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

dbnavan wrote:
    Damien, I am pretty much in the same boat as you 2nd year college student, I can vouch for the Hobbes, is very good tutor he helped me, I also found Deitel and Deitel books indispensable to get your head around the basics. They are expensive I almost always have one out from college library.

I can't recommend the Thinking in Java books enough - they are free and very well written.

http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 colonelx

bamamba,

I just sent you a PM regarding some Grinds.

--colonelx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Sun's own Java Tutorial, somewhere on java.sun.com, is very, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Hi

Thanks
    Damien
    Have you asked the college to provide grinds? They do this in LIT (free of charge) for any student who is finding a subject difficult

Advertisement