Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol Prices

Options
  • 21-02-2006 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I found a website that allows you to post the location of petrol stations around Ireland and the prices of the petrol. If people keep it updated then we can get the cheepest fuel around!
    here is the web address:
    http://www.mapeire.com/index.php?f=fuelprices&c=Dublin
    cheers
    Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

The map thing is handy but http://www.irishfuelprices.com has been online for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

whats with the sneaky increase in petrol over the last month, not messing with ye here

midway through last month it was €0.99 in my local and its snuck up nearly over night to €1.08 per litre for normal unleaded???????

i is confused

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I saw a pump with Shell Pura marked as 78.0c a litre. Is this a misprint or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

miju wrote:
    whats with the sneaky increase in petrol over the last month, not messing with ye here

midway through last month it was €0.99 in my local and its snuck up nearly over night to €1.08 per litre for normal unleaded???????

i is confused

I heard tension with Iran was pushing it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Tension in Iran is pushing it up, however the real cause is trading in China.

China is free to trade with who ever they wish and there's alot of chinese in the east who now require oil.

The demanding is beating supply and thus petrol increases will continue to rise in the future.

Its time to get the deisel out.

I read somewhere that if everyone drove a deisel car that, fuel prices would be significantly lower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

kluivert wrote:
    Tension in Iran is pushing it up, however the real cause is trading in China.

China is free to trade with who ever they wish and there's alot of chinese in the east who now require oil.

The demanding is beating supply and thus petrol increases will continue to rise in the future.

Its time to get the deisel out.

I read somewhere that if everyone drove a deisel car that, fuel prices would be significantly lower.

and what would this do to the enviroment more importantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

tabatha wrote:
    and what would this do to the enviroment more importantly?

tabatha, no disrespect, but diesel is way cleaner CO2-wise, than petrol. Its that way since the late 90s, since commonrail technology was introduced. Try HDi engines or Ford TDCi engines etc etc.

And folks, battery technology has come a long way so keep your eyes WIDE open for some new electric mopeds hitting the Irish market this summer. 110 km to a charge and a top of 50km/h.

Advertisement