Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Companies posing as eircom?

Options
  • 21-02-2006 12:59pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,ive been getting calls from companies like tele 2 etc etc for many months now trying to convince me to drop eircom.
    Nothing new there as most of my friends get these calls also.

Just this morning i got a call from what sounded more like my local chinese takeaway lady claiming she was eircom rniging.
    She then went on to say that i spent x amount on my last bill and that was very high.
    It was obvious this was not eircom dissing their own costs etc.
    Just wondering if many more are getting similar calls and how legal it all is posing as eircom?
    If indeed as i suspect it is a rival company.
    Tbh i hung up as i hadnt time to listen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

I downloaded the CounterScript from here and I'm just waiting for the next telemarketer to call so that I can try it out.

While this won't prevent them from calling you again, you can get some satisfaction from the knowledge that you are driving their costs up - even if it's not by much.

Regards,

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You can phone Eircom and request to be removed from direct marketing. That than means that NO company can call you without you directly registering with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

liamo wrote:
    I downloaded the CounterScript from here and I'm just waiting for the next telemarketer to call so that I can try it out.

While this won't prevent them from calling you again, you can get some satisfaction from the knowledge that you are driving their costs up - even if it's not by much.

Regards,

Liam

fooking class I live in the states now and I get about 20 calls a day, thats no joke. I cant wait to start this :-)

Advertisement