Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lvl 50-60 PvE how long will it take?

Options
  • 21-02-2006 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Tnx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Obviously depends on your class, equipment, whether you group or solo etc, but perhaps 3 days play time or something? So if you play 4 hrs a day it's perhaps 2.5 weeks. I'd advise you to enjoy the journey though rather than rushing it. Some of the 50-60 quests are quite fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Fire Spec'd Mage
    Mostly Blues with good +int and +fire damage
    Human

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Level 47 or 48 is the halfway mark in terms of XP, so you're a bit past halfway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Grinding is probably your quickest option, maybe if you find a priest around the same level you could do some AE grinding, not sure how the xp/hour would compare.

abccormac wrote:
    Level 47 or 48 is the halfway mark in terms of XP, so you're a bit past halfway.

Yes but you now get 5000-9000XP per Q so not a relevant stat.

I find it takes about 8hrs per lvl, as I must work the AH to leverage cash aswell.

So 80hrs = 3days 4hours Gametime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Make an alt to do the AH thing for you, and just send it everything. Saves a lot of time flying back and forth between places with AH's.

If you want to get an accurate picture of how quickly you're levelling, download titan panel and keep an eye on it's xp/hour meter. It will give you a fairly accurate idea of how long each level will take, but I found that I tended to get a little hung up about how quickly I was going so I uninstalled it.

Well I can start to hit some opf the more interesting instances at 56+ so I suppose....the game begins at 56 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Some whingers say the game ends at 60, so do take time to smell the roses just incase!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

far as I'm concerned it begins at 60. But if you're not in a raiding guild I could picture 60 being incredibly dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

It ended at 60 for me. The game was getting better and better, Zul Farrak was probably my favourite instance and Sunken Temple was a lot of fun too, working out strategies for each encounter as we went along. But then I never even got into BRD, due to damn 'no hunters' syndrome... Was in UBRS a couple of times with raid groups, which amounted to following orders from someone who'd been through it a million times, no challenge or anything of interest whatsoever. Thats when I took to just sitting around IF and chatting with my guildies, my guild was mainly made up of friends of various different levels so we didn't raid as a guild or anything, there were a couple of people my level who I'd quest with and do instances with(along with one or two pickup members) as we levelled up but that was never enough for high level stuff. I ended up quitting the game for a while but back into it with an alt now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Or if you play as rarely as I do you can go from 50 to 60 in half the played time with full rest bonus per level (10 months to get to 60, think it was 13 days played).

5 months to lvl 50 (Gametime Played 14 days)

Thos I spent about a gametime day in the AH making my 2000G fortune. Only Quested, no Grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Only questing here too. I've leveled four characters past 40 with one of them to end game.

For me the game kinda lost something with my 60 when there was no point in running 5 man instances (which I really loved) or UBRS any more having got everything I wanted from them. I think this was probably becuase my 60 is a shaman and was a total powerhouse in the 5 man stuff where I always had different stuff to do in different runs and with a bit of quick thinking could step into any party role short term to prevent a wipe. I loved it. I also really enjoyed Arathi Basin with my Shammy but WSG and AV left me pretty bored. I found waiting around for an AB to start infuriating though and there was so rarely a good contest I was either in my guild flattening some bad alliance guild or randoms. Or with Randoms getting flattened. I wasn't interested in AB for the rewards or anything (though they were nice) more the gaming fun of it which was too few and far between.

Although my shammy is in a great guild full of nice people dating back to the good old Bored of Ie days I just couldn't get into MC/Onyxia stuff. My little all rounder jack of all trades bit of this bit of that shammy was just back up healing, totem buffing and some damage on trash mobs. I found it hard to feel particularily involved and had lost interest by the time ZG came out even though the guild was doing great downing Rag/Onyxia pretty quickly from when we started and they're powering through BWL as we speak.

Right now I'm on Frostwhisper leveling a little Dwarf Warrior and really enjoying the game again having hardly touched it for a few months. I think the most enjoyable part of the game is leveling to 60 and doing the level 60 5 man instances BRD, Dire Maul, LBRS, Strat and Scholo (don't raid the last two for the love of God, they're actually fun 5 man). I can tolerate limited quantities of UBRS as well. I dunno if I'll lose interest again once I've got my warrior in "best of blue" but there's always ZG to keep me going for a while after. I bet MC will be a lot more fun for a warrior too. :)

Anyway smell the ****ing roses on the way to 60 and beyond. It's a game, think in terms of Fun/Hr rather than XP/Hr and you'll be doing alright.

Advertisement