Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDL line-up announced

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Raymond van Barneveld 33.43 6 3 Michael van Gerwen 32.38
    Phil Taylor 33.84 5 6 Simon Whitlock 33.74
    Ted Hankey 31.06 3 6 Colin Lloyd 28.85
    Martin Adams 31.50 4 6 Roland Scholten 28.93

Well thats me totally shocked.(Granted I'm still in shock of Jelle Klassen beating Taylor too.) I expected Barneveld to beat Van Gerwen, but two of the other three results are nearly unbelievable. Taylor should hide in shame letting Whitlock beat him.
    Hankey is a much more natural player than Lloyd but expected this one to be close. As for Adams/Scholten. I was really hoping for a Wolfie win here as Adams is much more consistent than Scholten.

No one to stop Barneveld for the title now.

Ah well next year Taylor you twat.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Thats a big shock the Aussie Whitlock beating Taylor although to be fair to him he averaged just about over 100 so he must have been playing some top darts. Taylor is a pure legend but im never sad to see him lose because I feel he has a monopoly on the sport at this stage.

Disappointed that Adams lost and surprised as well. Adams seemed to be playing some top darts but its the same old story with him, he just cant do enough to win the big ones. I thought Hankey against Llod might have been a bit closer but well done to lloyd. I also though Van Gerwen might put it up to Barney a bt better but not to be.

Sounds like a great tournament so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Its Barney against Lloyd in the final after two cracking Semi-Finals.
    COLIN LLOYD 9-8 ROLAND SCHOLTEN
    (0-2, 2-1, 2-0, 0-2, 0-2, 0-2, 0-2, 2-0, 2-0, 1-2, 2-1, 0-2, 2-1, 0-2, 2-0, 2-1, 2-0)

COLIN LLOYD produced an amazing fightback to win a place in the final of the Topic International Darts League with a 9-8 victory over Roland Scholten.

Lloyd trailed the game from the fourth set, when Scholten hit back to level the game at two-all before moving 5-2 ahead.

The Dutchman even had a dart to win the match in the 16th set, missing one dart at double nine for a 138 finish.

Lloyd took out a pressure double 16 to stay in the game, and won the set's deciding leg to take the game into the 17th and final set.

But maximums from Lloyd in both legs gave him enough cushion to close out the victory and move into the final.

"It was a really tough match," said Lloyd, who landed 16 maximums to Scholten's ten in the match.

"Roland's a very good friend of mine but he ripped me apart at times!

"I had to try and hang in there - Roland doesn't give you many chances so I knew I had to take them if they came.

"I managed to get the result and I'm looking forward to playing in the final on Sunday now."

Scholten began strongly, hitting maximums in the opening two legs to win the first set with legs of 11 and 14 darts.

Lloyd hit back to level the game in a deciding leg in the second set, and won the third 2-0 against the darts to move in front.

The Dutchman then reeled off eight successive legs to leave Lloyd shell-shocked - and 5-2 behind.

He took the two sets either side of the break without reply to reduce the arrears to 5-4, but an intriguing game of cat-and-mouse ensued as the next seven sets went against the throw.

That left Scholten 8-7 up and within sight of the match before Lloyd found his final push.

"I'm disappointed to lose but happy with how I played overall," said Scholten.

"I had good patches and I'm pleased with the way I've played. For a long part of the game, I played as I can and I've enjoyed the week.

"I shouldn't have lost this from being 5-3 and 8-6 up, but Colin dug in when he needed to and hit his shots - which I didn't.

"I was sure after hitting the second treble 20 that the double nine for the match was going in, but it was just on the wire.

"That's the game and I'll focus on the next tournament, the World Series of Darts next weekend, now."

RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD 9-7 SIMON WHITLOCK
    (1-2, 0-2, 1-2, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-0, 0-2, 2-1, 0-2, 2-1, 2-1, 1-2, 2-1, 0-2, 2-1)

RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD came from behind to overcome Simon Whitlock 9-7 and win a place in the final of the Topic International Darts League.

The Dutchman trailed Whitlock 3-0 early in the match, with the Australian taking six of the opening eight legs in continuing the form which saw off Phil Taylor on Friday.

Although van Barneveld hit back to move 4-3 up, Whitlock battled to stay with the four-time World Champion.

Even when the home favourite moved 8-6 he battled to stay in the game, but van Barneveld found his way successfully to the finish line.

Whitlock opened the game in brilliant fashion, hitting seven treble 20s to set up a possible nine-darter before missing the treble 15 in the first leg.

He took the first set 2-1 and then won the second without reply - despite maximums in both legs from van Barneveld.

A superb 144 finish gave Whitlock the third set and a shock lead, but van Barneveld stormed back to win the next three sets 2-1 to level the game.

He then edged clear by taking the seventh set 2-0, with the next three going with the throw to leave the pair locked at 5-5.

Van Barneveld hit an 11 darter during the 12th set as he once more move clear, and set up a two-set cushion by landing two maximums in the deciding leg of the next.

Whitlock won the 13th set 2-1 with an 86 finish, while van Barneveld continued to pepper the treble 20 in the next.

His missed darts at double 16 allowed Whitlock to take the opening leg, before the Dutchman replied with seven perfect darts in the next, levelling the set with a 96 finish for a 12-darter.

He coolly took out the same checkout to secure the set and an 8-6 cushion, but Whitlock once more took back-to-back legs to stay in the game.

Van Barneveld landed double top with his first dart to move 1-0 up in the next, with Whitlock then taking out a 143 finish to stay in the contest.

But scores of 174 and 140 gave the Dutchman the edge in the deciding leg, and he took out double eight for another 12-dart leg and the victory.

Van Barneveld will now meet Colin Lloyd in Sunday's final, with the winner taking home ?30,000.

"At 3-0 down, I was scared it would become 9-0," said van Barneveld. "I watched his game against Phil yesterday and he carried that on, he was brilliant.

"But this format, best of three legs in a set, means that things can change very quickly. Even when I got ahead he was still there on my heels!

"It was tough but enjoyable and I know I'll have another great game to go in the final against Colin."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Barneveld wins the IDL tilte beating Lloyd 13-5 in the final.

Well done to Barney, pity Lloyd couldnt make more of a fight out of it. Barneys great start to the season continues!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Laurencemac

Hello - sorry to interrupt but I'm trying to find a dart player in Wexford. I'm the captain of a small team in a little league just outside Llanelli S Wales who enjoy their annual outing in Wexford last year and want to repeat the day.
    As it was rather a long day, I wondered if I could contact someone and set up a match. However I cannot get any hits whatever search I try.
    Can you help? We arrive on the fast ferry at approx 12 - 12.30pm and leave at approx 9.30pm.
    Again apologies for interrupting and going off track - I agree but Barney's season did'nt get off to a good start really - did it?

Advertisement