Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WinXP Pro "you have files to write to CD"

• 21-02-2006 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

whenever i boot up my laptop a baloon pops up from the taksbar telling me i "have files ready to write to CD",

when i click on it it opens my D drive.

but i don't have any files to write.

anyone know what service/prog maybe doing this or any pointers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

themole wrote:
    whenever i boot up my laptop a baloon pops up from the taksbar telling me i "have files ready to write to CD",
    when i click on it it opens my D drive. but i don't have any files to write.
    anyone know what service/prog maybe doing this or any pointers?

Try searching in in C:\Documents and Settings\ for a folder called "CD Burning"
    you should find a few, prob one for each user and one for all users etc
    the actual path is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning

Make sure you have show hidden files turned on and see if there is any files in there! If you can't see them in the D drive, they could be just hidden
    You could also stick an empty cd in and click "burn to drive"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

i just looked and there is no folder called CD Buring in my documents and settings.

i have never used the windows prog to budn CD's, i only use nero so i dunno where it is thinking i need to burn a CD from.

BTW, my D drive is my DVD drive so there are deffo no files to burn on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

In my computer go to the cdrom. There should be some files shown there that are ready to be sent to cdrom. Delete them (They are only shortcuts).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

cool.

found a random empty folder shortcut there.

deleted now

cheers dudes

Advertisement