Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reason for failing line test?

• 21-02-2006 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

i have tried on numerous occasions to get broadband and have tried every possible supplier. my line fails for eircom but passes for magnet and smart. any reason why?

my parents dont want to change number so it rules out both companies as i cant port my number back. this is also the case for metro.

now im trying to think of reasons why. my phone line is in the churchfield exchange in cork. im roughly 3-4km from there and it still fails. a few years back my brother put in extra phones into the house. we currently have 5 phones 3 of which were put in by my brother. im guessing he split the line or something but im not sure how you go about putting extra phones into a house.

is this the reason why my phone line is failing? if so how can this be fixed?

thanks in advance for any answers good or bad!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

blocparty wrote:
    my parents dont want to change number so it rules out both companies as i cant port my number back. this is also the case for metro.

Not quite , you can simply get a new number with Metro and keep your old eirom line rented and of course the number on that line.

For €35 the Metro package is excellent. As the copper path appears to be borked you may have to get Metro to get any BB from what I can see.....or you could try IBB if you want to age prematurely :p

There are also some local Wireless operators in Cork such as Amocom .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

sorry forgot to say my parents dont want to change over to a voip system cause our area is fairly prone to power cuts. and you have to change over your phone service to them too dont you?

ill check them out.

any idea if the extra phones are causing us to fail?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

blocparty wrote:
    you have to change over your phone service to them too dont you?
    ehh No!

Metro is a separate feed that does not use wires and is known as wireless. ....oh and Chorus cable BB maybe ??
    any idea if the extra phones are causing us to fail?

ehh Yes, very common that.

You must disconnect all extensions except one phone in the main socket where eirocm comes in and make sure its a simple bog standard phone with no display , no sky, no fax no dect phones , no phonewatch .

You may then pass for DSL but could have to wait a month for the line test to cycle back your way.

Advertisement