Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A TASTE OF RORY - TBMC Wed, 1st March

Options
  • 21-02-2006 3:40pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A TASTE OF RORY, the Rory Gallagher tribute band, play the Temple Bar Music Centre, Dublin, on Wednesday, March 1st. Tickets: €12 Doors Open: 7.30

_______

Have seen these guys a few times. Absolutely adore them. Probably because it was the first tribute band I ever saw for Rory, and also because Deko really has an obvious love and respect for Rory and his music. Esp love "Hand of Gold", which is a song for Rory which Deko wrote.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frank Cronin

I have also seen them several times - they did a regular stint in the Cobblestone for a spell and they rock.

My cribs however are:

* They rarely (if ever) alter the set, it's most of the Live In Europe album, why do they ask for requests and then never play the suggestions?

* Hand of Gold has the cheesiest chorus ever - shame because aspects of it are brilliant.

I will be there with a target on my back :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Ah, not at all. I kinda agree about Heart of Gold, but I can forgive it easily because I love the song so much.

That's true about the set, but then, if I remember rightly they went through a change in the line up so the new band [bar Deko obviously] probably had to learn everything anew.

Saw them once in the Cobblestone meself. Nice place to go. Though expensive tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Loopylil

Moville lighthouse Festival, Co Donegal
    Saturday 30th July - A Taste of Rory at 9pm in the new Courtyard Venue.
    Admission €7;);)

Advertisement