Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIGIWEB - Billing?????

• 21-02-2006 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

My credit Card just got hit by 250euro for a service i have had for less than 4 months.... i have no idea i was getting this charge as i received no bill or invoice..... any attempt to contact the company just simply doesnt work. Is anyone else out there having issues.... i know there are a few postings in the Happy with your BB thread but i thought i could start a single group for this issue.....

let me know...

p.s. the service is not working 100% either... i have no working phone line...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I never ever have got an invoice or bill from Sky. They just take the money. I presume they have taken install charge and 4 months connection as per website prices?

Are they not answering the phone?
    See
    http://www.digiweb.ie/contact.asp
    Varous phone, fax and email, plus an online contact form.

Include your account number in any email or fax so they know who it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Are you a Metro or DSL man? I received an invoice lately for around €250 as well. I've been using the service for about a year and have a DD set up. I dont know why I was sent this and intend ignoring it! They messed up my billing before so I'll just wait, if they make further contact we can sort something out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 philoreilly

Are you a Metro or DSL man? I received an invoice lately for around €250 as well. I've been using the service for about a year and have a DD set up. I dont know why I was sent this and intend ignoring it! They messed up my billing before so I'll just wait, if they make further contact we can sort something out.

I am running on metro, i got no invoice or bill at all, they just took that amount out of my credit card..... i expect a rat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I got stung for €293 this month for Metro... also no invoice or notice. :mad:

I'd rang them a few times beforehand (having never been charged since it - Metro - was installed in October) and was assured that this wouldn't happen (rather we agreed in January that it'd be split over 2 months) but I was still charged the full whack regardless.

In fairness though, after I rang screaming (well not literally but I was fairly cheesed off) and escalated to the head of their billing department (whose name escapes me right now), I was told this was a result of the new system that they put in and we agreed suitable compensation for the inconvienience.

We'll see what happens next month...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'm on DSL, got an invoice in the post, not checked the account as it's my parent's but they'd usually be straight on top of it if it was different to what was on the invoice. billed for the first 2 months, and a month in advance, as it's our first bill, works out bang on.

metro and dsl must be going through different billing departments...

• Advertisement

i'm on DSL, got an invoice in the post, not checked the account as it's my parent's but they'd usually be straight on top of it if it was different to what was on the invoice. billed for the first 2 months, and a month in advance, as it's our first bill, works out bang on.

metro and dsl must be going through different billing departments...

I wish i could explain why it happened but i am at a loss. Do you know if you were billed before the account was charged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭lifegamer

I am with metro and as of yet I have not recieved any kind of bill or indication of when payment is due. Isn't it a law to issue an invoice or reciept? I have metro since november and only last week they issued my Voip line / number

If they did slap you with a €250 bill you'd have 2 months to pay too (assuming it's bi-monthly)

lifegamer wrote:
    I am with metro and as of yet I have not recieved any kind of bill or indication of when payment is due. Isn't it a law to issue an invoice or reciept? I have metro since november and only last week they issued my Voip line / number

If they did slap you with a €250 bill you'd have 2 months to pay too (assuming it's bi-monthly)

Its not Law when it comes to a credit card, so the credit card company say. Odd i know... how is your phone line... it is working ok? i know on a seperate issue my phone line has never worked.

dont know if phone line is working ok, since I have to use a voip phone to connect to it ? Or do i? maybe an ordinary telephone would work?

Also did you know that when you go over your cap in a 30 day period they drop your connection speed to ISDN for the remainder of the 30 days (without notice or warning) I am suffereing v bad speeds at them min and until my 30 days begin again there's nowt me or digiweb can do. I had to call them to find this out. They don't have a system in place to charge customers for overuse, so by reducing speed then it's nearly impossible to exceed your cap and if you do it wouldn't even be by a GB. Try downloading a 10MB file by ISDN.... Not fun!

Smart offer a 3meg line for €35pm inc vat. Shame they aren't in my area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Metro uses an ordinary phone in Line1 / Tel1.

If they didn't email you a number go
    http://www.digiweb.ie/support/support.asp?i=999
    (Make sure it says "Metro" in list).
    And ask on the form.

If your tel1 light is steady and flashes when you lift handset that is correct.
    also on your configuration page click Cm state
    (Possibly http://192.168.100.1/CmState.htm )
    CM State			Operational
    Docsis-Downstream Scanning	Complete
    Docsis-Ranging			Complete
    Docsis-DHCP			Complete
    Docsis-TFTP			Complete
    Docsis-Data Reg Complete	Complete
    Telephony-DHCP			Complete
    Telephony-Security		Complete
    Telephony-TFTP			Complete
    Telephony-Reg with Call Server	Complete
    Telephony-Reg Complete		Complete

• Advertisement

do i have to get a voip service from the likes of say blueface? I gather whatever calls I make go on the bill of olde?

Advertisement