Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Border in Photoshop

Options
  • 21-02-2006 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

I've got an irregular shape that I want to put a thin black border around. How do I do it? It used the magnetic lasso tool to select the shape but cannot seem to find an option to insert a border

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

try playing around with the stroke option... dunno if it works... i haven't been able to get it working...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Stroke will put a stroke around the items on that layer. So if you have a layer that is completely filled with one image then the stroke won't be seen as it will be stroking on the outside of the image.

To fully understand stroke try placing a text layer on your image and put a stroke on that layer. Therefore to stroke your image you need to have the image on a layer of its own. In your case nollaig - you may need to cut around the shape (with your magnetic tool) and copy the shape to a new layer - then you can add stroke to it via the blending options.

Advertisement