Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Judges-soft touches for immigrants

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

So I look for court information on that. I Can't find it. Or rather I can find someones blog (so I take it as suspect at best)
    http://thelimerick.blogspot.com/2006...ars-after.html

you cut me deep hobbes, very deep :(

The judge is a soft touch for all criminals, not just black ones. he should have been removed years ago he hands down slaps on the wrist for the most serious of crimes, and has done so for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

you cut me deep hobbes, very deep :(

Is it yours? :D :v: I take all blogs as suspect until I can find more stories on the issue, nothing personal.
    The judge is a soft touch for all criminals, not just black ones.

Yea a google of "Judge Moran Limerick", intresting reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 clonycavanman

Thank you Delboy for bringing the remarkable statement made by an absurdly well paid public official (statements undisputed by any of the posters I have read ) up for view. One would think that wholesaling heroin was a victimless crime - and probably victims living in the neighbourhood of the judge are indeed rare; what a fortunate man/woman. But it's the flawed logic that really grates; the assumption, defamatory to our convicts and prison staff, that a black foreign man, will have a particularly hard time in prison, despite all the politically correct preaching that has been done- has it all been pointless? And the assertion of clairvoyance, that this putative and unproven disadvantage will continue thoughout the duration of a ten year stretch; are the prospects for penal reform over the next decade by Irish society really that poor? And for the law abidding African guest worker or aspiring immigrant: is it really in the interests of community relations that he is perceived to have an extra motivation to turn to crime, the prospect of a reduced sentence?
    What was wrong with a ten year sentence and paying the Nigerian penal system to provide the accomodation? There can be no disadavantage to the convict there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Thank you Delboy for bringing the remarkable statement made by an absurdly well paid public official (statements undisputed by any of the posters I have read ) up for view. One would think that wholesaling heroin was a victimless crime - and probably victims living in the neighbourhood of the judge are indeed rare; what a fortunate man/woman. But it's the flawed logic that really grates; the assumption, defamatory to our convicts and prison staff, that a black foreign man, will have a particularly hard time in prison, despite all the politically correct preaching that has been done- has it all been pointless? And the assertion of clairvoyance, that this putative and unproven disadvantage will continue thoughout the duration of a ten year stretch; are the prospects for penal reform over the next decade by Irish society really that poor? And for the law abidding African guest worker or aspiring immigrant: is it really in the interests of community relations that he is perceived to have an extra motivation to turn to crime, the prospect of a reduced sentence?
    What was wrong a ten year sentence and paying the Nigerian penal system to provide the accomodation? There can be no disadavantage to the convict there.

Firstly his sentence was reduced by 1 year ... out of a 10 year sentence that is hardly going to have loads of drug dealers going "umm, 10 years is bad, but 9 is worth the risk" and blacking up with shoe polish :rolleyes:

Secondly, it seems a bit non-sensical to be talking about this guy as a scum who doesn't deserve this leniency (very mild leniency at that) and then talking about the defamation that is going to be caused to the other criminals in our prision system. What are they all fluffy, sensitive and nice?

Advertisement