Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problems with k750i to w800i?

• 21-02-2006 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone here either has a Sony Ericsson k750i that has been flashed with w800i and is having a problem with it or knows of any issues with a k750i that has been upgraded to this...any downsides etc, I'm thinkin of doing it.

thanks in advance for any help,

steppen

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I know someone who did it and he loves it...one advantage is it removes to 99 song limit in the media player..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Haven't got my 2 gig card for my k750i - is there really a 99 song limit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

digitaldr wrote:
    Haven't got my 2 gig card for my k750i - is there really a 99 song limit?

I've my 2gb stick filled halfways up with mp3s....207 of them. They're inside album folders though but the phone OS can "See" them all and playback is no problem.
    The phone does tend to be slow at start up due to accessing the whole 2gb whilst booting (I think) and I've had some lock ups and other problems on occasion.

I was gonna flash the firmware but TBH I don't really feel like bricking the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Wertz whats the phone like for mp3 playback? can you just open a folder and play all mp3s within or do you need to set up playlists to do that?

If you do, do you need to hook up to a pc to do that or is it managed within the phone.

also is there a usb port?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

I've done it and glad i did it

I had a k750i which i bought cheap which wasnt in very good condition swapped the covers and reflashed it

I have a 4gb card with the phone and mp3's take no time to load up the main advantage of flashing the different firmware is the music player other than that i dont really see the point

The first thing i would do is get a copy of the davinici client and check that your phone is cid 36 cause if its not that will make up your mind for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I've done it and glad i did it

I had a k750i which i bought cheap which wasnt in very good condition swapped the covers and reflashed it

I have a 4gb card with the phone and mp3's take no time to load up the main advantage of flashing the different firmware is the music player other than that i dont really see the point

The first thing i would do is get a copy of the davinici client and check that your phone is cid 36 cause if its not that will make up your mind for you

How hard was changing the covers? and whats the craic with the different version numbers "cid 36"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

skywalker wrote:
    Wertz whats the phone like for mp3 playback? can you just open a folder and play all mp3s within or do you need to set up playlists to do that?

If you do, do you need to hook up to a pc to do that or is it managed within the phone.

also is there a usb port?

Pretty decent once you have a good set of h'phones...the bundled ones are crap. I got the HPM-70s off eBay for about €13, basically the sony fontopias with SE branding and the sound is punchy and quite loud with them. You can use your own phones with the microphone too if you like.

The playback thing with the 750 firmware can be done in one of two ways; from the dedicated media player, which just lists all the songs in order (no folder structure) or you can access them from the file browser, which does have a folder structure...you can open individual folders and play just like an album, with random and repeat.
    You can make playlists from within the media player too. I don't think it supports m3us, at least I've never tried.

No USB port as such...it's a pop-port which takes all manner of inputs/outputs. USB to pop-port is included in the package and you can charge it via USB which I find very handy.

With the price of MS duos now, the phone makes for a great mp3 player, is a wee bit more robust than a HDD player and takes a good photo too....hell you can even ring people on it...

[edit] Just a shame about the occasional lock-up, but reboot fixes that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

skywalker wrote:
    How hard was changing the covers? and whats the craic with the different version numbers "cid 36"?

Changing the covers is really easy there isnt any complicated mechinisms or anything its just standard board, screen and other components the only problem you might have is scratching/denting the front cover trying to get it off but if you know how to do it its easy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

There some good guides here including a video (in Chinese!) on how to change the K750i to a K800i casing. I particularily liked the one about changing the colour of the keyboard light using quality street wrappers:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement