Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Stillorgan

• 21-02-2006 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Hello does anyone here have any recommendations or warnings particularly regarding Irish Broadband or NTL in the Stillorgan area (specifically Brewery Road opposite the Leopardstown arms)? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bbcus

Hi

I had IBB RIPWAVE service in Stillorgan, and it was crap. I am now using Clearwire which is alot better.

I have had Clearwire since Oct and have had no problems, with IBB Ripwave Service I found the signal dropping and there CS is awful. Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭istep

Agreed .... tried ripwave 18 months ago absolut sh**te .. I.m on Glenalbyn rd just around the corner. Have to say I'm with BT on the 3mb package and find it superb ... still crap caps tho ( think I'm on 30 gig cap but I can't remember the last time I only downloaded 30g's .... oh yeah was away 4 two weeks durning the summer !!! )
    So in a nutshell DON'T TOUCH RIPWAVE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

istep wrote:
    So in a nutshell DON'T TOUCH RIPWAVE

I'd actually been looking at the IBB Breeze packages. The connection will be used for a small business and I don't know if NTL are hooked up to the building yet. VoIP will be used extensively so that's the main priority and I've heard a lot of scary stories about Clearwire breaking VoIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭istep

Sorry when I said don't touch ripwave should have said don't touch IBB. I also had the breeze package installed and couldn't get any signal even to they had one of those square plate antennae things on my roof .... and once again I'm only 800 metres from where you are. Beware. As I said I find the 3mb BT package very good ( don,t use Voip frequently tho ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I would be highly surprised if you can get broadband from NTL in Stillorgan, but there's a glimmer of hope because you're so near Sandyford.

If you have a phone line, BT Ireland will be as cheap or cheaper than much any of the wireless alternatives and will work a lot better. I haven't noticed any difference in VoIP performance between IBB or Clearwire, possibly because the problem is elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement