Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plz HELP!! I have history tomorrow!

Options
  • 21-02-2006 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

does anybody know whats coming up for the history mock? I just plan on learning 3 essays and hopefully they come up! If not im in trouble, Im not to worried bout da documents based question hopefully i will sail through that, any coments will be greatly appreciated thanx!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭belinea06

ive mine 2moro aswell but i heard that on one paper the documents q was on the elections. essays were treaty negotiations and musslinis domestic policy. anyone have a different paper? what was on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭John Doe

I got that one belinea. Loads of the questions were too vague or too specific, I answered the two you mentioned there and an American one on the anti-war movement. Not too hard, really... Concentrate on case studies, shaggy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I had my history exam this morning. The topics that came up were:

* Mussolini's domestic policy
    * Stalin and the Show Trials
    * Women in WW1
    * Unionist reaction to Third Home Rule Bill
    * The Treaty Negotiations and how they led to Civil War
    * In the documents, my essay was the development of unionism and nationalism from 1885-86

Hope that helps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

any relation to Jim larkin lol? Insider joke......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

was anythin to do with cumann na ngaedhal on that paper? we've only dont hat topic in the book so far so im guessin she's givin us the mock with it on it.. maybe the treaty negotiations q is the one we're "prepared" for
    any other mocks floatin boot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

yeh, there was something like list the acheivments of C na G or something roughly like that, although I'm not 100% because I can't find the paper..

I thought the document questions were badly phrased, made them pretty awkward to answer..

And there was some question on James Redmond I think it was, basically know the basics of what he's about.. I just guessed that one completely.. He's something to do with NI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

shaggy1103 wrote:
    does anybody know whats coming up for the history mock? I just plan on learning 3 essays and hopefully they come up! If not im in trouble, Im not to worried bout da documents based question hopefully i will sail through that, any coments will be greatly appreciated thanx!!

~~Looks into his Crystal Ball~~ no sorry, nothing there, my advice......get of the net and open your books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I had my history exam this morning. The topics that came up were:

* Mussolini's domestic policy
    * Stalin and the Show Trials
    * Women in WW1
    * Unionist reaction to Third Home Rule Bill
    * The Treaty Negotiations and how they led to Civil War
    * In the documents, my essay was the development of unionism and nationalism from 1885-86

Hope that helps! :D

I got the same paper as you, I did Stalin & Show Trials, 1885-86 elections, Treaty Negotiations and How the advancement of Technology - easy question..

Didnt do enough preparation for it though.. bit pissed off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Wez wrote:
    yeh, there was something like list the acheivments of C na G or something roughly like that, although I'm not 100% because I can't find the paper..

I thought the document questions were badly phrased, made them pretty awkward to answer..

And there was some question on James Redmond I think it was, basically know the basics of what he's about.. I just guessed that one completely.. He's something to do with NI
    Something to do with Northern Ireland! You're screwed. Good luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Anything about The 1916 Rising?

I've done feck all for Topic Two.

• Advertisement

what were the questions on nation states like? no wilhelm ive heard..
    im lookin at 1. achievements of c na g, 2. show trials, and 3. possibly women in ww1..
    1885/6 elections, stuff on unionism and nationalism and redmond yeah?
    were the questions mainly about the aftermath or what?
    thank you all

Got it right here in front of me, one with the Lockout as the document question.

None of that is on this one, except for;

"In what ways did Cumann na nGaedheal consolidate the foundation of the Irish Free State during, 1923-1932."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shakes

Holsten could you tell me what other questions came up on your paper I think I might be getting the same one. My exam is tomorrow and I'm in big trouble!

feck, that sounds more like the q my teach has been preparin us for...
    what else came up on your one holsten?
    lockout document, c na g, what was on nation states and dictatorship and democracy????
    did anyone else get the mock with a lockout doc?

For topic 2;
    Question on Serbia,
    Navel Policy of Wilhelm,
    "Why was WWI the first "Total War",
    Question on the effects of literature and arts on enforcing national idenity.

Topic 3;
    Mussolini, factors to his accession,
    Nuremberg Rallies - part they played in the Nazi 'propaganda machine',
    WWII impact society and economy in GB,
    Main developments in Anglo-American pop culture, 1920-39

Hope that helps ya.

****! just had it today, didnt see this last night! ah well , thanks loads for the effort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 proletarian

You know what annoyed me about that exam? My teacher basically told us what was in it, and I still did nothing and hence abdly in the paper. Stupidity is a mysterious power. (I got the Larkin document q paper, not too bad)

twas ok...i learned everythng for the 1885/6 elections doc q paper thoug... sigh

Advertisement