Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate BT (billing)

• 21-02-2006 8:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

:mad: bloomin' 'eck...can they EVER once get things right?, they now owe me over €200 in credits and i've been waiting since September 2005 :eek:

I have lost track of all the calls i have made, i asked for an official complaint refrence (the third one) on Febuary 8th 2006, and as of yet they have not responded in any way.

They are in BREACH of the ComReg charter that requires them to formally reply with 10 working days. I've threatened legal action if the credits are not on the March billing, i've asked for a written letter or email to state that the credits due are on my account but they refuse!!

This can't be legal surely?...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 budrick

no ,it 's not,, they like to take their sweet time ,, report them to comreg ,see if that puts a fire under their butt and speeds them up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭adrian.s

It's a pain to be sure, in the end I had to go to comreg about them and it was quite effective. I had their classic problem of no bills (either online or by mail) and then their ruthlessly efficient credit control dept swinging into action, within minutes of the billing coming overdue. I found it so frustrating calling them and spending hours on the phone. Nothing new to anybody here.

So I went to comreg after exhausting the major avenues with them, that is, phone calls to their complaints department, followed by written letter outlining your case (which I kept the receipt for). After 7 days from writing them the letter, 'twas time to involve comreg.

I wrote them a very detailed letter stating all the facts, outlining the correspondance and what I hoped to achieve (simple really, send me bills before the menacing letters threatening debt collectors). I also copied this letter BT's complaints dept. I made 100% sure to just give facts and be totally factual. Rants on these letters while making you feel a bit better, usually achieve very little.

Within about 24 hours I got a call from comreg stating they were investigating. After another day I got a call from BT stating they were looking into it. And after about 3 - 4 days they finally sorted it out and I started getting bills again. After a couple of months NTL became available to me and I was able to vote with my feet.

I know people knock comreg here, but if follow the processes outlined on BT's site for complaints, the bring them in, they will get it sorted out.

Hope this is of some help.

Adrian.

Advertisement