Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much have u d/loaded this month?

2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

What are you people downloading. I'd find it hard to go over 10gigs. There's only so much active torrents that are worth getting. And they always have crap download rates at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

You'd be very surprised to find what gets posted on private bt sites ... You can get just about anything, really, and speeds are usually very good because people take pride in their ratio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've broken my cap again this month and this morning BT cut me off (fortunately the end of the month is today and it'll be back tomorrow). I rang tech support and the guy says that since the speed increase they've been seeing a much greater use on the service (poor pings, high usage) with many people exceeding the cap. He said they're going to start cutting people off for breaking the cap now, and may start charging too.

Roll on the end of my contract so I can get Smart if that's the case. Anyone know how much it would cost to get out of a BT contract early? The only info on the website says to consult the terms and conditions in your contract, but I don't have a contract. I never signed anything for BT and was never given any T&Cs or told where to find them. I'll be using this in my defence if they try to charge me extra. The contract is also not viewable in my on-line account with BT. I might send them an email and ask how much it would cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

So far this month:
    213gb down
    89gb up.

heiscrazy4av.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

jor el wrote:
    I've broken my cap again this month and this morning BT cut me off (fortunately the end of the month is today and it'll be back tomorrow). I rang tech support and the guy says that since the speed increase they've been seeing a much greater use on the service (poor pings, high usage) with many people exceeding the cap. He said they're going to start cutting people off for breaking the cap now, and may start charging too.

Roll on the end of my contract so I can get Smart if that's the case. Anyone know how much it would cost to get out of a BT contract early? The only info on the website says to consult the terms and conditions in your contract, but I don't have a contract. I never signed anything for BT and was never given any T&Cs or told where to find them. I'll be using this in my defence if they try to charge me extra. The contract is also not viewable in my on-line account with BT. I might send them an email and ask how much it would cost.

How much had you download when you were cut off and what package are you paying for?

If BT expect me to pay €10 a month extra for only a tiny increase in my CAP with an almost unnoticeable speed increase over a 2mb connection (I have a 3mb connection) then they better wake up.

If BT officially copy the procedures of UTV Im downgrading my package to a 1Mb connection and save myself €20 a month!!!

Come on BT...copy UTV and watch your customers rush off to eircom!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I hope BT don't charge for going over the cap, I always took pride in the fact I could download as much as I want. Btw, it's easy to fill up the cap with bittorrent, it's just you'll never use half of what you download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

jor el wrote:
    sam here, got cut foff last night (62gb down btw on BT 3mbps.

moving house next friday so don't give a toss. will be changing to a business package anyway, so cap related woes will be over then and there.

bt phone monkey said that in future it'll be cut off at 30gb and only reason it wasn't cut off earlier for me was because they were trying to adjust it and didn't have everything set up properly in the first place.

might well vote with my feet and see who else can offer me a decent package at similar rates when i'm moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

BB+ for me, 3Mb with 30GB cap too. I had over 80G though, there's 3 of us sharing the connection now so it got a bit out of hand. Anyway, I sent them off an email to see how much to get out of the contract early, if it comes to that. If not, I'll be off to Smart in June as they're available in Limerick now. €35 a month, same speed, no cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

IDM wrote:
    You'd be very surprised to find what gets posted on private bt sites ... You can get just about anything, really, and speeds are usually very good because people take pride in their ratio.
    Very true! :)

Well here's mine since 2nd of Feb. Notice how on my 2meg line my download has NEVER exceeded 1meg? When they "fixed" my radio after it broke completely, they seemed to have forgotten that we're paying for 2megs :(

ibbsuck8oo.jpg

While were on the subject, can people from NTL tell me - what do NTL do about exceeding their 40GB cap on the 3meg line? We're definately switching to them as I've found out we can get it, but I'd like to know a head of time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

40gb down
    4gb up
    And i sure Eircom have missed about 10gb...
    Anyone else get that 30sec to 1min delay on Eircoms stats page???

Iam sure some is phoning someone for a total in GBs....doh!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement