Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars Just been smashed up

Options
  • 21-02-2006 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Pretty Pissed off Went to leane the office twenty minutes ago after a long day. I've just found my car has been smashed up The drivers side window smashed gone ,front windscreen gone, wing mirror gone, streo gone. I was parked on John Rogerson Quay. I cant understand why theu had to do so much damage to the car just to take the friggan stereo. I have the car now parked in a hotels undground car park. Can anyone tell me what sort of a hit I'am looking at here. No Drivers window, No Wingmirror and no Wind sheild

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Depends on what car ya have
    really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

just claim insurance, as you should be covered for window repair for free, and stereo, i think ask ur insurance company for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

has anyone got a vandetta against you?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Windscreen repair may come with your insurance, without taking a hit on your NCB.

If it's purely the glass and wing mirror damage, then I'd go pay for it yourself, you'll lose your NCB otherwise.

Scumbags will damage your car just cos they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

sorry to hear it. i hope you did report this to garda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Bam Bam

I was going through Ballybough a week or two ago and saw a group of ****s smash a wingmirror off a car with a hurley and just walked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

If you have windscreen cover, run the windscreen through your insurance. When you find out the company you have to use, chat with the guys there and see what they'll charge you for the rest - they might put all the labour on the insurance side and just have you pay for the glass (or something similar). It mightn't cost that much.
    I got mirrors for mine cheap on ebay. What make/model/year/colour of car do you have?

BTW - sorry to hear about your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its possible the car was damaged and seeing that it was still unattended N hours later, someone decided to do the stereo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I don't cant think of anyone who might be out to get me, I reported it to the cops, they basically said unless I saw someone do something there was nothing they could do about it and The Insurance company are also refusing to pay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

starn wrote:
    I don't cant think of anyone who might be out to get me, I reported it to the cops, they basically said unless I saw someone do something there was nothing they could do about it and The Insurance company are also refusing to pay out.

Do you have fully comp insurance?? And who with??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

I once had my stereo stolen in the UCD car park but the nice friendly theives even locked the door after them. How considerate :) It was only as I was about to turn the key in the ignition that I noticed a bunch of wires where the stereo should be :mad: :D

Fully Comp with Quinn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

starn wrote:
    Fully Comp with Quinn

The claim your right to compensation, thats why you paid for the insurance in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

On what basis are Quinn saying they won't pay the claim ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Really sorry to hear of your damage.
    In my years of motoring if you can afford to fix it yourself do it.
    The insurance company will hike your premium up for 5 years, and as you have a clain noone else will touch you.
    I know thats not what you want to hear but believe me an initial cash layout hurts less than 5 years of horror.

Hope this helps. why do people damage cars ??

Looks like I'am going to have to pay it out of my pocket regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

stratos wrote:
    why do people damage cars ??
    Sometimes frustration. Sometimes maliciousness.

Why do cars damage people?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Why won't Quinn pay out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

As far as I know Quinn don't do windscreen cover

Advertisement