Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To The Bat Poles!!!!

Options
  • 21-02-2006 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

<snip>
    Please dont use this community for canvassing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Can we please ban any boards promotion of those running for SU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 getyourENDAway

On occasion I have come to this message boards and heard the SU being slated while, I have never been involved in the SU before I have come on here and openly posted my manifesto for you to comment on in a public forum in the hope that I can reach a broader cross-section of students than the SU has tradtionally reached and trully represent all students.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yeah and I'm sure you're not the only one who will do it. Or we could just keep it all to one thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Sangre wrote:

Seconded!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

I agree too!

we will be hearing enough from union Sh1tehawks in the next few weeks so can we have a bit of respite here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

Well at least it's all here now so if he gets elected and fails to keep his word we can point and punch!

I can't actually see how some of those policies can be realistically expected to succeed, although it would be nice if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sangre wrote:

Can we also ban any of the opposite happening too? Ie: people putting candidates down, allegations, campaign sabotaging, etc...
    Don't want what happened on the TCD boards to happen here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Personally I don't mind there being discussion on those running and their policies, and to have the candidates engage in the discussions isn't a bad thing at all.

However, I'm not sure I'd be wanting every candidate to start posting up their manifesto.

As tintinr said already, we're going to be bombarded with the stuff in college over the next while so it'd be nice to not have it shoved in our faces here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Discussion about the election and its policies is fine, but I'm not too happy about the idea of the board being used as a platform for canvassing.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement