Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outlook Query

• 21-02-2006 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

I have started recieving this error message when i open, Unable to open your Defualt email folders. The file C:\Documents and Settings\Neil\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folder file

when i click on ok it just closes.

The one day i need my email and this crap starts.

Any ideas of what caused it and what i can do to correct it.

Cheers

nanook

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

hope the pst is not corrupt, run the inbox repair tool on it

www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm
    www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm - only if the file is bigger than 2GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A repair as Capt'n says should sort it out.

Check out the size of the folder. Outlook 2000 moreso than 2003 is prone to corruption when you get over the 750MB stage. It's also likely that there's not that much mail in it, but the file is huge. This is Outlook's fault. Run a compression on the folder once it's repaired, and it should also help.

Advertisement