Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feel like a cheapskate after date!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lads dont get me wrong, it was just that date went wrong. We have been out a a few times before and kissed on all the occassions. i have even spent a few nights at hers. I am asking myself what to do now. What do I want out of all this. Maybe I am only thinking like this because of last night. I will get onto her tonight to bring her out for a few drinks..
    Re: The kissing thing, I dont know why we didnt kiss. I think it's just because I was all flustered and I just couldnt see the right moment. And she didnt kiss me cause my experience is that girls never "go in for the kill"
    Here just put €4 (or whatever it costs a student to get into the flicks) into an envelope and post it to her or hand it to her the next time you both meet up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

buy 2 tickets for a band, singer or comedian she likes, then phone up and tell her you have a spare ticket and ask her if she wants to go

then buy her a few drinks while your out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭*Lolly*

Cheapskate wrote:
    Hi,

I will keep this one anon..

I feel so bad cause I made such a mistake tonight! I might be making a mountain out of a molehill but.. I took a girl to the cinema tonight and when I got there I just bought one ticket and as I was walking away from the counter I just realised that I had only one one ticket. I just wasnt thinking when I was at the counter! I feel like such a cheapskate now and am really worried that she will feel the same. Do you think that she might just dismiss it as we are both students and obviously money would be tight ? BTW thats not the way I feel, I know I should have paid her in..

How can I redeem myself from this situation as it is all down to me just taking a short trip to space! How do I let her know how I feel? What should I do now?

Thanks

Chill out - its not such a big deal!

If she's anything like me she probably didnt even notice but dont get my wrong - like every other girl she will appreciate the odd ''suprise'' now and then and not jus neccesarily chocs or roses... something personalised like a little pendant with her name on .. or even a keyring with her initial's etc.
    I dont expect stuff off my boyf all the time at all but its lovely when you do recieve even the smallest of gifts :D and dont ever think you gotta splash out just to impress her.. once you get to know her better you get to know what she likes and you can take it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Did you talk with her today yet? You might be able to joke about it - take the p1ss out of yourself for being forgetful?

You said you were flustered all night because of it - do you think you might have appeared a bit distant to her? If so, you should explain to her that you weren't trying to give her the cold shoulder by not buying her a ticket.

She might be thinking that you're losing interest in her.. not buying a ticket, not talking about not buying a ticket, strange walk home and no kiss.

Best to clear that up and just laugh it off with her over a few scoops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Your right Edanto,

Thats exactly what it was like, when we left the cinema I was kinda distant then just got on the bus without giving her a kiss..

I sent her a txt today a while ago but she never replied.. but she always takes ages to reply. but never this long! Also it was her b-day the other day and I have still to give her her present. I hope things dont end with me being stuck with the present..

If I get no reply I will txt her again 2mro and just ask her out for a few drinks and tell her that I have a present for her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I sense some recently broken & so embittered hearts on this thread ;):p - I gave a suggestion based on what I would do if I walked past a ticket kiosk & only bought myself a ticket and what I would do to remedy the situation.....I assume others did the same - nothing to do with old fashioned chivalry or the overbearing demands of all womankind - just common courtesy & good manners.....

As others have said, it may be that the girl thought the OP was trying to tell her something by going first in the queue & then not buying both tickets - especially if on previous dates he or they have bought things like that together.....I'm sure she would appreciate a gesture or comment that assured her there was no hint intended - whether in a free text message or a €50 bunch of flowers.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Thaedydal wrote:
    DAEDULUS, you are going off topic with your rant about gril wanting freebies.
    Start your own PI thread or take the issue to humanities.

Off topic postings will get you banned from this forum.
    Do read the charter and abide by the rules while posting,
    Die dulci freure
    Thaedydal

Hmmm, thats once or twice now I would have to disagree with your threats of banning! I am not sure your right here! Just an opinion! Your a moderator after all and can ban anyone you want for whatever reason! Just thought I would say that this is not the first time that I feel your a bit trigger happy with your position!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

py2006 wrote:
    Hmmm, thats once or twice now I would have to disagree with your threats of banning! I am not sure your right here! Just an opinion! Your a moderator after all and can ban anyone you want for whatever reason! Just thought I would say that this is not the first time that I feel your a bit trigger happy with your position!

Maybe Thaedydal is one of the many who are fed up of the immature whinning about "all girls are......"/"Us poor wee men are always being picked on/taken advantage of by all the howible girlies" stuff? Not only does it sound rather pathetic it is also inciteful - something I thought it was the mods job to monitor and warn about?....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Maybe Thaedydal is one of the many who are fed up of the immature whinning about "all girls are......"/"Us poor wee men are always being picked on/taken advantage of by all the howible girlies" stuff? Not only does it sound rather pathetic it is also inciteful - something I thought it was the mods job to monitor and warn about?....:)

haha, perhaps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

She is telling all her friends what a tight bastard you are right now. Just think about that next you meet her friends, they might be smiling but behind those smiles they are thinking "what a cheapskate"!!

She is telling all her friends what a tight bastard you are right now. Just think about that next you meet her friends, they might be smiling but behind those smiles they are thinking "what a cheapskate"!!

I can see why she would be saying that.. but im not actually a cheapskate. I got her a bottle of perfume for around €30 for her b-day but Im so **** that I havent even given it too her yet and I think it's too late. She didnt reply to my message yesterday which isnt like her.. But in all fairness F*** her if she would get rid of a lad for something small like that.. For all she knows I could have been saving up to go to the cinema..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Texts are no good. You need to talk with her if you care about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

You know Cheapskate, I think Edanto has your situation summed up precisely. No one can read your good intents or really explain your actions except you. So why not call her and explain? So you made a mistake. You can fix it. You got a bit rattled after not buying her a ticket and then gave signals that could have looked as if you weren't that interested in her any longer.

You obviously like her enough to buy her a birthday present! So go give it to her in person or send it with a note. At least call her and speak to her.

You said: "But in all fairness F*** her if she would get rid of a lad for something small like that.."

Well...you don't know anything until you speak to her, and frankly, neither does she. I don't know any mind-readers, do you? So get out of the dark and go talk to her. Until you do, it kind of looks like you unintentionally got rid of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

I can see why she would be saying that.. but im not actually a cheapskate. I got her a bottle of perfume for around €30 for her b-day but Im so **** that I havent even given it too her yet and I think it's too late. She didnt reply to my message yesterday which isnt like her.. But in all fairness F*** her if she would get rid of a lad for something small like that.. For all she knows I could have been saving up to go to the cinema..

Man, I'm sorry, but at this point, just get rid of her. It was a frigging cinema ticket. It's not like you took her family to dinner and tried to run out on the bill. A bitch that's pulling this crap is a bitch that needs a swift flipping off.

End transmission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm surprised that nobody has asked the most important question yet. Was the film any good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Chrissie

I got her a bottle of perfume for around €30 for her b-day but Im so **** that I havent even given it too her yet and I think it's too late.

I REALLY appreciate perfume;) ;)
    What kind is it?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dawoodaziz

the best option is bring for for a meal, and of course make her pay :D

Chrissie wrote:
    I REALLY appreciate perfume;) ;)
    What kind is it?:D

D&G Light Blue.. Tis nice!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 93,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It could turn out the be the most expensive ticket you never bought.
    You might be reminded of it for years :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

I doubt its because of the ticket that she's not gettin back to you, that sounds a bit over the top.
    Like imagine how syupid you'd sound if you went to talk to her and she was like "I dont think we should see each other" and you say "Is it because of the ticket, I really meant to pay" and then she's just like "what the f**k are you talking about, what ticket?!" After all this fuss! yup, that'd be funny, u should talk to her man, lol!

Anyway, u should just say at the time, oh sorry I should paid for you I feel like an ass and I dunno, got her ticket, gave her back the money?! Did you get popcorn and stuff?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement