Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About Eircom

• 22-02-2006 1:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Recently Eircom have upgraded there broadband for people who have got the home starter package to home plus or something (got a letter in the post) It says my limit has gone up to 20 gig which I can see and it also says its gone to 2mb

But.. that little icon you have in your task bar thing which shows your connected to the internet only says 100.0 mbps Now I thought it should have went to 200.0 mbps

Anyone getting the same problem ?

p.s I dont know why it says 100.0 mbps and not just 1mbps ?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

The 100mbps is the max speed between your router and your computer, not your computer and the internet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

DeafVision wrote:
    Recently Eircom have upgraded there broadband for people who have got the home starter package to home plus or something (got a letter in the post) It says my limit has gone up to 20 gig which I can see and it also says its gone to 2mb

But.. that little icon you have in your task bar thing which shows your connected to the internet only says 100.0 mbps Now I thought it should have went to 200.0 mbps

If you want to know what speed your are connecting to the exchange at you need to have a look 'inside' your router. That will give you your up and down sync speeds.

You can also try www.irishisptest.com if you want a guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

its actually the speed of your ethernet connection. they come in 10 / 100 or 1000 megs also called gigabit ethernet.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

dub45 wrote:
    If you want to know what speed your are connecting to the exchange at you need to have a look 'inside' your router.

Lol, I really wouldnt say something like that to somebody who asked that question. I can just see bits of the router lying everywhere and the guy saying "I cant see the speeds" :v: :v: :v:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ai ing wrote:
    Lol, I really wouldnt say something like that to somebody who asked that question. I can just see bits of the router lying everywhere and the guy saying "I cant see the speeds" :v: :v: :v:

Well I did put the inside in quotation marks:) Anyways if I knew what model router he has I might know what address to give him.

I expect a thread so on reassembling a router:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

DeafVision wrote:

you made my day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I did a test off the internet and its... 260.4 Kbps it was around 150 last time I checked

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

dub45 wrote:
    Well I did put the inside in quotation marks:) Anyways if I knew what model router he has I might know what address to give him.

I expect a thread so on reassembling a router:)

you don't need to know the router to know the address. if you right-click on the lan icon on the taskbar (the two computers), click status, then click the support tab, the address to look "inside" the router is the default gateway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

actually got a letter from eircom today about this upgrade, even tho we've all known about it for yonks.

The strange thing is, the letter says 2 MB & 20 GB cap
    yet my DSL stats say only 10 GB cap.

I called various eircom agents,
    *cough* 3G
    to see what the packages are & you wouldn't believe it. They are still under the impression that it's 512 DL speed with a 4GB cap, OMFreakinGosh. One of their stores actually checked up though and said it's
    Home starter €29.99 = 10 GB
    Home Plus €29.99 = 20 GB

I actually called eircom too, to confirm what I should have, but as usual I got nout.

Can some1 plz tell me what the current packages are.
    All eircom told me is, it's
    €19.99 = 20 hours
    €29.99 = 10 GB allowance
    but they never mentioned anything about Home Plus & it being €29.99

So could some1 kindly make sense of all this for me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

norbert64 wrote:
    Can some1 plz tell me what the current packages are.
    All eircom told me is, it's
    €19.99 = 20 hours
    €29.99 = 10 GB allowance

So could some1 kindly make sense of all this for me.
    Here: http://home.eircom.net/javascript/Broadband/Products/index.jsp
    Home starter was €39.99
    Home plus was €54.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

kaizersoze wrote:
    Here: http://home.eircom.net/javascript/Broadband/Products/index.jsp
    Home starter was €39.99
    Home plus was €54.99
    I've always been on the Home Starter @ €29.99. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

norbert64 wrote:
    €29.99 = 10 GB allowance

They never mentioned the 1GB UPLOAD allowance on that package neither.

List of current packages (to end March) and prices below , in full

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/internet_special_offer.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

norbert64 wrote:
    I've always been on the Home Starter @ €29.99. :confused:
    How long have you got Eircom BB?
    They did a special offer for new connections not too long ago.
    Home starter was €29.99 for 6 months and reverted to €39.99 after that.

Advertisement