Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Broadband Pass

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Bump.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cant see all the wires in that left hand cable yellow red and black and ? but I take it that it is the connection to the master socket .

essentially only 2 of those 4 wires 'carry' the signal from the master to the mod tap so locate those two and disconnect the 'other' two. phone work on 2 wires / one pair . Phone works fine at this point with 2 wires diconnected and if you leave them disconnected then that socket is perfectly in series ....but you have two mod taps n'est pas

then connect the 'other ' two to the same terminals as the working two within the mod tap

that means you are carrying the signal 'back' from the mod tap to the master socket on this 'other' two wires

the 'other' two should be used to go out to the other mod tap from the master socket , you connect them to the pair that goes 'out' from the master to the other mod tap.

now that is in series with the first mod tap which is in series with the master.

tickety boo.

HTH

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Thanks Sponge Bob yeah i know about the two wires but just connected the other anyway will disconnect also have an engineer coming out to give me a Eircom master socket did a bit of fiddling & got much faster 56k Speeds so all is looking good will try what you said.

Much Appreciated :)
    Bernard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

how many wires in that cable 3 or 4 ?

Advertisement