Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request. healthy things to make with a blender

• 22-02-2006 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    As part of an attempted new "healty buzz" I've bought one of those blendery liquidiser things. I hate veg, (fruit is just about acceptable) but am of the impression that it will be easier to drink it as a shake/smoothie thing than to eat it.

Problem is, I tried a few combinations over the past week, and they were rank and made me want to never eat fruit or veg again. Ever. Anyone any suggestions for something thats palatable and can be made from the fruit and veg that you can buy in an average supermarket? Weird things like lychees and pomegranites and other such weird things cant really be used, as my supermarket is very un imaginitive when it comes to their fresh fruit and veg stock. I think I've learned the hard way that celery and cucumber liquidized is not a good thing.
    tavrymuch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Skimmed milk and bananas. Not sure how healthy it is, but it's delicious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

make lumpy soup smoooth (soup = random veg kinda cooked then simmered in stock for a while)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

Well if you want to go down the fruit road pick oranges, apples, pears, bananas and strawberries to start (they're the only ones I can think of right now)

Pick three peices of the above (how ever many strawberries you like :D unless you have giant mutant strawberries!) Slice 'em all up. Two ordinary pots of plain yoguart (or half a pot of the large one) and half a litre of orange juice.

Blenderise!

If you find it a bit thick adjust the yoguart/orange juice ratio.

The orange mightn't be needed as much with the orange juice, plus the fact they add alot of tough fiber that the blender can't really break up.

Fresh tomatoes, oregeno nd vodka? :D

As for blendering other vegtables... good luck with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭Archeron

Tried the banana and milk advice last night, most lovely, thank you! I see a weekend of fruit and veg screaming for mercy, and being shown none. :D cheers for ideas!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

If you pick up some frozen fruit,throw it in the blender and add yogurt until it reaches the right consistency,makes nice frozen yogurt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

do u have a liquidiser or a blender? i.e. something that extracts the fibre. saw a guy advertising juice blends on tv the other week and he said the problem people had with using vegetables was that they didnt use a liquidiser which seperated the rank fibre which then made for a good drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭Archeron

KC81 wrote:
    do u have a liquidiser or a blender? i.e. something that extracts the fibre. saw a guy advertising juice blends on tv the other week and he said the problem people had with using vegetables was that they didnt use a liquidiser which seperated the rank fibre which then made for a good drink.

thats a very good question actually. The thing I'm using (which I think is a liquidizer) kind of snapped last night and broke. The little wheel thing at the bottom of the jug that clips into the wheel on the base to make the blades spin snapped and a mighty amount of smoke started coming out of it. It also got surprisingly hot. Bummer as well coz I lost the receipt and threw out the packaging. Wouldnt mind, it was only bananas and grapes in it, not like I was tring to chop up carrots or anything. Ah well, you live and learn. This time I learned that a liquidizer made by a company called Princess (??) on sale in DID electrical for €39. is not as good a bargain as it sounds. Back out to Blanchardstown saturday again so.....

Advertisement