Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

power steering fluid

Options
  • 22-02-2006 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

noticed my power steering fluid is near the minimum level last night.

can this fluid be got in petrol stations or would i have to go to a motor factors?

anything particular i should be aware of while topping it up?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It depends on the grades allowed.
    Many petrol stations may have something like Dexron Type II or whatever and this may or may not be suitable for your car.
    Read your owners manual!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Typically it is actually ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid). Just buy a good brand !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Check the cap or User Manul for the type to use and get the generic formulation of that, wherever it is cheapest. You don't need a lot anyway. 1/2 pint at most.
    Just keep an eye on it, you may have a leak in the PS rack. Don't let the pump run dry or even low tot he point where it starts foaming the oil.

Advertisement