Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic conversion in cork?

Options
  • 22-02-2006 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Anybody know of a reliable firm/person that does attic conversions in cork.
    Looking to convert attic in a bungalow in carrigtwohill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Gramlab,

Doing the same my self. I rang 12 companies, all Cork based, last November & 9 said they would do it but wouldn't get round to it till May or June this year. The last three:::: well here are their quotes for a 29x22ft attic conversion with two dormas and two velux windows as well.

1st guy:::: €18,000.00 (He never turned up to do the job)
    2nd guy:::: €34,800.00
    3rd guy::::: €44,600.00

I'm now doing it myself using direct labour when needed...Greedy bar stewards

TJ911......

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Cheers TJ,
    Those quotes look scary - I've got 55 x 26 to covert. Lookin for someone who can give ideas about how best to use the space I have as well as do the job. Might be cheaper to move !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

gramlab wrote:
    Cheers TJ,
    Lookin for someone who can give ideas about how best to use the space I have as well as do the job.

You would do well to employ an architect as well then, He/She can advise you on maximising space, but they don't come cheap.....:eek:

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Will probably have to get an architect alright. Wife talking about extending now though so will have to wait for her to make her mind up:confused:

Advertisement