Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Marketplace

• 22-02-2006 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of Amazon.com's Marketplace? I ordered books for college from Amazon.co.uk's Marketplace last semester. Everything arrived OK within 2 weeks.

This semester I've had to get 3 more books. I ordered them from .co.uk on Friday, 2 shipped on Monday and I just got an email today saying the third was out of stock. It's a pity too, it cost €13 (£9) on Marketplace (the next cheapest is £40), or €70 in Hodges Figgis.

I decided to check .com's Marketplace, where I ordered the book for ~$40. The confirmation email told me it could take up to 8 weeks to be delivered :eek: Has it ever taken that long for anyone here, or are they covering their bases?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

Ive been waiting seven weeks for a book to arrive and its been dispatched now, but no sign of it arriving yet :rolleyes: . Usually it dosnt take that long though

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Have had mostly good experiences with marketplace sellers, but then I only ever order when they state shipping within x business days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Sorry if I am hijacking the thread but I was trying to buy some games off of the UK Marketplace and they all said that it can't be delivered to my address (Rep. of Ireland)

Am I just choosing the wrong sellers or is this the case with all electronic items? According to the FAQ it should be fine though

Edit: Sorry it's late, I read it properly. All sorted now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I ordered a couple of cds 2 weeks ago and still they have not even been dipatched.

Postage is £2 from the US - but delivery seems to be slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Marketplace sellers are obliged to have the items in stock before listing them.

Some don't however.
    Caiman_USA took 9 weeks to get a CD to me. I had threatened to report them to amazon from breach of marketplace rules as I was just getting robotic, automated email responses.

I've bought around 20 or so items from marketplace and all have been fine bar the above.
    One CD hasn't arrived - some 2 weeks after posting it - but I was able to ring the seller and they put a second one in the post last Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you want them faster then you will just have to pay for the faster shipping which is a lot more expensive in my experience :(

Used amazon.com marketplace for 2 purchases.

Got the items within 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Marketplace sellers are obliged to have the items in stock before listing them.

Caiman_USA took 9 weeks to get a CD to me. I had threatened to report them to amazon from breach of marketplace rules as I was just getting robotic, automated email responses.
    usedbooks123-uk didn't have the book in stock and refunded my money, that's why I had to order from .com

Of the 3 books I ordered, the one sent by Caiman is the only one that's arrived so far. Ordered from Caiman through .co.uk

Oh, and I didn't see any way to pay more for faster shipping...

Oh, and I didn't see any way to pay more for faster shipping...

I don't think there is a fast shipping option on marketplace.
    There is on the regular amazon sites.

Advertisement